OTA Discounts

ihopfar

Are On-line Travel Agents allowed to discount NCL cruises?

I thought I remembered reading that NCL put in place a policy against this, and the price would be the same at NCL and the TA, but the TA could offer some OBC.

However, I am helping my parents price out a Hawaii cruise and we found a couple of travel agents willing to discount the price AND provide OBC.

Did the policy change again?

Thanks,

Brad

Are On-line Travel Agents allowed to discount NCL cruises?

I thought I remembered reading that NCL put in place a policy against this, and the price would be the same at NCL and the TA, but the TA could offer some OBC.

However, I am helping my parents price out a Hawaii cruise and we found a couple of travel agents willing to discount the price AND provide OBC.

Did the policy change again?

Thanks,

Brad

I believe they can't advertise or promote a discounted fare. If you ask for a quote they can cut the price by reducing their own commission.

Sometimes they will find an discount such as AARP that will help reduce the price.

They may have group rates. There is just no way of saying how they are offering it to you.

Pat you have me wondering now. I was told by my T/A that they had a group going. I moved my reservation over to her because she was offering OBC that NCL would not match. Now I'm wondering if I got screwed on the "group" rate which I never inquired about. I guess I could still call and ask about the group rate - but $10 says it's for specific cabins or some such thing that we won't qualify for (chuckle). Always an angle...

Archived