Celebrity with young kids

jenlev

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

It seems like most people say good things about Celebrity's children's program, but the RCI ships (especially the larger ones) definitely have a lot more bells and whistles that appeal to many children. Celebrity is more adult oriented whereas RCI is more family oriented, but that said many people do travel with children on Celebrity and generally have a positive experience.

Its great for kids, and nice ship too - not over run with noisy children, but plenty for yours to do! Which cabin are you looking at? My tip - if you can, phone up and ask for a FV category (Family Verandah) its same as a normal cabin usually, but HUGE with seperate bedroom for you, and a big lounge, they dont show available on website until last minute but if theres 5 of you will let you book now, we stayed in one and loved it! If there is 4 of you, book a normal cabin and ask to be wait listed for when they are generally released later. ENJOY YOUR CRUISING!

They don't have nearly the kids of Royal Caribbean, but that's not a bad thing. The only thing is, you have to cruise when school is on vacation or else you can count on one hand the number of kids on board. So if you're cruising during February's Presidents Week, there will be kids. Any other week, the number of kids, especially school age, drops drastically.

They don't have nearly the kids of Royal Caribbean, but that's not a bad thing. The only thing is, you have to cruise when school is on vacation or else you can count on one hand the number of kids on board. So if you're cruising during February's Presidents Week, there will be kids. Any other week, the number of kids, especially school age, drops drastically.

We were just on the Summit last week (not during a school break) and there were quite a few kids on board. Our DS 10 and DD almost 9 had a great time and most of the time did not want to leave the Fun Factory.:)

We were just on the Summit last week (not during a school break) and there were quite a few kids on board. Our DS 10 and DD almost 9 had a great time and most of the time did not want to leave the Fun Factory.:)

Hi, we are booked for a Med cruise late August on the Equinox. I don't expect a ton of kids on board as the cruise runs over the week of labor day. As my 12yo son is allowed in the teen club (I think) is there some sort of video game (XBox, PS3 etc) availability that can appease his cravings occasionally. Not talking about an arcade as that can get very expensive.

My kids have been cruising since they were 3 and 5 (now 13 and 15). They have enjoyed the X programs, though admitedly less so now (teenagers, you know how they are!). My only warning is there will be hoards of kids on the ship during the Christmas break timeframe. We cruised Summit one year, and there were 800 kids on the ship.:eek:

How old are they?

Completely agree that an FV is the way to go!

Hi, we are booked for a Med cruise late August on the Equinox. I don't expect a ton of kids on board as the cruise runs over the week of labor day. As my 12yo son is allowed in the teen club (I think) is there some sort of video game (XBox, PS3 etc) availability that can appease his cravings occasionally. Not talking about an arcade as that can get very expensive.

I can only speak of the Summit, our son 10yrs was happy to use the Playstation games in the FF.

Archived