cabin under the galley?

MamaParrotHead

We had an oceanview on the Glory in 2003 under the galley, and I would not advise it. This was our first cruise, and we didn't know any better. We were awakened every single night, and it would go on for a couple hours. We would hear carts rolling, silverware, etc. We complained at the Purser's Desk, but they couldn't move us they said because the ship was full. The end result was they gave us 15% of our next cruise plus some drink coupons.

Cindy

We had an oceanview on the Glory in 2003 under the galley, and I would not advise it. This was our first cruise, and we didn't know any better. We were awakened every single night, and it would go on for a couple hours. We would hear carts rolling, silverware, etc. We complained at the Purser's Desk, but they couldn't move us they said because the ship was full. The end result was they gave us 15% of our next cruise plus some drink coupons.

Cindy

What room was this?

We are just back from the Pride, where we had a balcony cabin directly under the galley.

Unfortunately, we hated the room (not the cruise) due to the noise level at night. We were located directly in the path between the lido and the galley with a "speed bump" over us. As the crew would clean the night buffet, we could hear carts moving and dishes clanging. This would usually end around 2AM, but start again aroung 4AM in preparation for the next day. One night a whole cart tipped, and it broke several ceramic tiles on the floor over us - what a racket! We complained to the Purser's desk which helped a bit.

It was not a restfull vacation.

RCCL – Grandeur of the Seas – 03/97

RCCL – Monarch of the Seas – 11/97

Carnival Paradise – 01/98

RCCL – Majesty of the Seas – 11/98

Carnival Paradise – 03/99

RCCL – Enchantment of the Seas – 11/99

RCCL – Grandeur of the Seas – 11/00

Regal Princess – 01/01

HAL – Volendam – 03/03

Carnival Paradise – 12/03

NCL Dawn – 11/04

Carnival Pride – 03/05

Hi-

I'm looking at the diagram of the ships (we cruise the Legend this week) and it looks like the Legend, Pride, Miracle and Spirit all have the galley on the Riviera deck, which is Deck 1....nothing below that. Just wondering if they've changed this? We have a gty. upgrade to ocean view on the Rivera Deck, but it is a few doors away from the entrance of the Galley and Elevators.

Wondering how much noise this will be...at least it is not above us.

Penny

We are just back from the Pride, where we had a balcony cabin directly under the galley.

Unfortunately, we hated the room (not the cruise) due to the noise level at night. We were located directly in the path between the lido and the galley with a "speed bump" over us. As the crew would clean the night buffet, we could hear carts moving and dishes clanging. This would usually end around 2AM, but start again aroung 4AM in preparation for the next day. One night a whole cart tipped, and it broke several ceramic tiles on the floor over us - what a racket! We complained to the Purser's desk which helped a bit.

It was not a restfull vacation.

RCCL – Grandeur of the Seas – 03/97

RCCL – Monarch of the Seas – 11/97

Carnival Paradise – 01/98

RCCL – Majesty of the Seas – 11/98

Carnival Paradise – 03/99

RCCL – Enchantment of the Seas – 11/99

RCCL – Grandeur of the Seas – 11/00

Regal Princess – 01/01

HAL – Volendam – 03/03

Carnival Paradise – 12/03

NCL Dawn – 11/04

Carnival Pride – 03/05

Do you mean under the the lido deck restaurant? Waack25th is right. The galley is on the Riviera deck. Unless there is a separate galley for the lido deck restaurant. I always book cabins that have nothing but cabins above and below us.

On the Spirit class ship the galley IS located on the Riveria deck. I think this is thee only class ship that has the galley located here. TH OP is asking about the Valor. Mustang must be talking about the buffet area

DO NOT BOOK UNDER THE GALLEY! Boy did we learn our lesson. We now pay close attention to where we are booking our cabin and make sure that we are sandwiched between cabin floors. Also want to make sure you are not under the gym. That can be a pretty noisy spot also. Your best bet is to book a cabin on a floor that has cabins above and below you or at least has cabins above you.

I've been fortunate to not be under the galley, but I have had a cabin "next to" the stairs. Constantly hearing people going by.... Worse night was when the kids decided to run up and down the stairs and through the hallway at 4am! :eek: Where the hell were the parents?? It's the only time I've had need to call security.

mustangs

where was your balcony room? was it under the mermaid grille on the lido deck? we were "upgraded" to under the mermaid grill--looks like right near the rotisserie area. is this going to be a nightmare? maybe we were better off on the main deck where we started?!!! please help! thanks

We had a balcony room on the Spirit under the Lido. On one night of the 6 they midnight buffet was on the Lido and it kept us up :eek: to the point were we just said $#%@ it and joined the party.:p When life throws a lemon find some alchohol! :D

KPSTILL - Our room was #2383 on the Main Deck on the Glory, which as you can see, is directly under the Galley on the Lobby Deck above us. We originally had an inside guarantee 4E on the Riviera Deck, and then got bumped up to an Ocean View on the Main when I called because the price had gone down, and we had already made final payment. The ocean view room was nice, but it was a bummer every night trying to sleep.

Cindy

Hi Kapsgirl,

We were in room 8212 under the Mermaid grill.

We had been upgraded to this room, originally we had a room on Deck 4 which we wished we had kept!

I wouldn't want any rooms from 8200 to 8220 - very high traffic area at night. We also had a floor joint directly above us (Speed bump for the noisy carts carrying dishes).

Thanks for the advice. we were "upgraded" from the main deck 8A to a 8I panoramic deck balcony right under the grill area. at first i thought that was great then started reading reviews and started to worry!!! now i wish we were back where we started although the extra 20sq ft on the balcony was a plus! i've been trying to get a hold of our pvp the last couple of days to see if we can go down one deck. so thanks for all of the specific advice!!!! i appreciate it!

Realized after I booked cabin 2395 on the Valor it was under the galley- no chance of changing cabins- anyone know if it's noisy? I am such a light sleeper I wake up if a car drives down my street!!! This cruise is a surprise for my dh, so I can't even discuss my concerns- it's our first CC too! Any suggestions??:confused:

Our cabin on the Fascination is directly under the aft dining room on the Empress deck. I see that many of you complain of the noise of the galley, is the dining room just as noisy? I imagine it would be at certain times. Anybody ever had this experience?

Archived