9 night cruise - do you guys use the laundry service?

We don't have any RCI ships within driving distance at the moment, so yes, I plan to have the ship do some laundry during the course of even a 7 night cruise. We try to limit our luggage to 21" bags (sometimes carry-on, sometimes checked), and can't fit a 7 day wardrobe in them.

just a question. Are you allowed to specify the wash temperature for the clothes being laundered? Can I sort the loads by different colors and wash temps? Would like to know since we are going on a 7 day Med. this summer.

It can't hurt to ask, but my impression is that everything is washed in hot water. I never send anything delicate to the laundry. Most of my travel clothes are washable, but I don't like them all to go in the dryer.

The coupons are only for the stuff a bag promotion: $10 off the $25 fee so they're only good for that. The stuff a bag is for shorts, t-shirts, socks, underwear, pajamas and bathing suits. Any other items (pants, blouses etc) will be charged at the regular rate if you include them in the bag. Also the wash and fold is much cheaper than the dry cleaning or things you want pressed. Bon Voyage!

That's what the form says, but we've been known to add other items and so far haven't been charged for them - if they did charge us, we obviously wouldn't kick up a fuss, but knock wood they haven't. But the jeans take up a lot of space, so I'd probably send those separately anyway.

As previously described in the previous post, you are limited to what you can put in the bag. These items will come back washed and folded.........not ironed.

We have always found this to be the case until last week on the Oasis. We put some shorts and PJ's in the bag and they came back pressed and on hangers. Never had that happen before. No additional charge. Should have sent all my shorts.:D

I dont think jeans are included in the "bag of laundry". I would check with my cabin steward before adding them to the bag.

If jean are added in the Wash & Fold bag there will be an additional charge as they are not part of the acceptable list of items that can be included.

We have always found this to be the case until last week on the Oasis. We put some shorts and PJ's in the bag and they came back pressed and on hangers. Never had that happen before. No additional charge. Should have sent all my shorts.:D

Congratulations.:)

If jean are added in the Wash & Fold bag there will be an additional charge as they are not part of the acceptable list of items that can be included.

Yes, there would definitely be a separate charge for the jeans. I saw Post #13 mentioned putting jeans in the laundry bag- figured it was worth the mention. [jeans would take up too much of the bag too!] :)

We drive to the port - but we send out laundry as much as possible - it is great to return home with only one load of laundry to be finished.

We don't send out underwear, but everything else goes.

Archived