9 night cruise - do you guys use the laundry service?

I was thinking about taking advantage of the laundry service on board on the way back from the trip. No one likes to have to do tons of laundry when they get back, so I thought it might be a really good idea to have the ship do it for a fee.

I'm a diamond member, so I think there's a coupon for the service somewhere in the coupon book you get onboard.

What do you guys think? Do you use the service?

We pack less because of the airline luggage charges, like many others do. RCCL does a fine job with their laundry services, and the price is reasonable. We'll pack for four days on a seven day cruise, sending laundry out on the 3rd/4th day or so. On longer cruises, like a TA, we'll send it out several times.

You'll have two D coupon books, thus two laundry coupons. Send your stuff out twice if you like during your nine days.

There's also that "all you can stuff in a bag" deal, which is a different coupon. Just use that for socks, underwear and t-shirts. Anything else comes back wrinkled, stuffed in another bag.

Rick and Deirdra

Yes, we use it mid-way through the cruise ...or wait until they have the 'fill the bag' special. We are out of the cabin first thing in the morning, leave the "Please Clean Room" key in the door, and leave the bag on the bed. We have it back the next day (one time it was returned the same afternoon!)

I don't mind bringing home my dirty laundry- I just don't want to have to pack enough for 9 days. DH and I can do a 9-nighter with one large suitcase;)

We use laundry service almost every time we cruise, even when we drive to port. I prefer the dry cleaning for clothes, so it doesn't come back folded and not pressed (bag special is wash and fold only). We always send out my husbands underwear and socks, usually one or two pair of jeans or shorts (depending on climate). I don't think he even has 14 (or more) pair of underwear and the laundry charge is certainly cheaper than buying more.

Both of us wear the same clothes for embark/disembark as well as first/last nights dinners. We'll also wear the same pants several times for dinners, so the laundry/dry cleaning is important to us. Our laundry charges come to around $25-30 for a week long cruise, well worth it to not haul a second suitcase.

I always use the coupons for underwear, sox, nighties, anything that I don't mind a wrinke in. I also have them just press things when i board the ship, since it is only half the price. Don't have to worry about it at home or in packing. Blouse is just $2 to press. I even get to take some linen.

i was thinking about taking advantage of the laundry service on board on the way back from the trip. No one likes to have to do tons of laundry when they get back, so i thought it might be a really good idea to have the ship do it for a fee.

I'm a diamond member, so i think there's a coupon for the service somewhere in the coupon book you get onboard.

What do you guys think? Do you use the service?

everytime we cruise:)

Based on what you suggest, perhaps I will not go out and purchase 18 sets of clothes, and just make use, for the most part, clothes we have, and the laundry services on board.

If I understand correctly,that's use the dry cleaning services for the suits/pants/shirts, and use the wash/dry bag stuff for the underwear/socks/jeans/shorts/...etc.

Is that right?

Based on what you suggest, perhaps I will not go out and purchase 18 sets of clothes, and just make use, for the most part, clothes we have, and the laundry services on board.

If I understand correctly,that's use the dry cleaning services for the suits/pants/shirts, and use the wash/dry bag stuff for the underwear/socks/jeans/shorts/...etc.

Is that right?

Yes that is right. They do a very good job. I would rather pay for laundry instead of dragging all that luggage around. I always use the laundry service.

Yes that is right. They do a very good job. I would rather pay for laundry instead of dragging all that luggage around. I always use the laundry service.

Thanks for the help! I think you guys may have saved me some money on shopping for new clothes.

just a question. Are you allowed to specify the wash temperature for the clothes being laundered? Can I sort the loads by different colors and wash temps? Would like to know since we are going on a 7 day Med. this summer.

We have had good success with the laundry and use the wash and fold most every cruise, either to pack fewer items or to have less laundry when we return home ( depending on the situation).

Just a side note – I spilled a glass of RED WINE on my good linen slacks. I sent them to the laundry ( dry clean) and they came back PERFECTLY CLEAN and white. I fact, they never looked better! ( and it was only $4.50 to clean the slacks!)

M

just a question. Are you allowed to specify the wash temperature for the clothes being laundered? Can I sort the loads by different colors and wash temps? Would like to know since we are going on a 7 day Med. this summer.

I have never heard of requesting this when you send your stuff to the laundry on board. You can always check with your cabin steward. I would still only send socks, underware, jammies, t shirts and stuff. My DH and DS's white socks have come back bright and white, so maybe they separate the whites and colors? Again, I personally wouldnt send anything I love out.

We have used both the laundry and dry cleaning service. For clothes that need it, the dry cleaning prices are cheaper than we can get at home. Even adding the 50% premium for same day service only brings it up to roughly the same as our local cleaners. [how many on-board services can you say that about?]

We have always been satisfied with the result.

The coupons are only for the stuff a bag promotion: $10 off the $25 fee so they're only good for that. The stuff a bag is for shorts, t-shirts, socks, underwear, pajamas and bathing suits. Any other items (pants, blouses etc) will be charged at the regular rate if you include them in the bag. Also the wash and fold is much cheaper than the dry cleaning or things you want pressed. Bon Voyage!

Here are the two coupons that will be made available in the Diamond Ultimate Value Coupon Booklet...

• Wash & Fold Coupons per book - $10.00 off one $25.00 USD bag of laundry on Wash & Fold Day (4+ nights sailings only).
  • Wash & Fold Coupons per book - $10.00 off one $25.00 USD bag of laundry on Wash & Fold Day (8+ nights sailings only).

As previously described in the previous post, you are limited to what you can put in the bag. These items will come back washed and folded.........not ironed.

Archived