tips

anjanetted

What's your point with this comment? Now we are taking digs at people that shop at walmart? Really? :rolleyes:

I shop at Walmart. Quantity over quality (on some items).

And I admit that I cruise Carnival because of the value (ie cheaper cost).

I was all serious last night and this morning I took a lighter approach for a laugh. Apparently that backfired.

sorry to disappoint.

While I could never in a million years do this (I don't care if the cruise was all out-all inclusive and FREE, not costing me a penny), I can indeed wrap my mind around frugality and practicality...Ok, scratch that because this is frugal but it isn't practical in any way shape or form....but I digress....

While the frugality of this can be admirable, there is NO way that tipping for only two when there are 5 people on board that ship is admirable at all.

And fwiw, I can't believe that CCL even allows 5 people in one small cabin...that's just wrong.

To help out the frugal people:confused: It seems CCL is able to help out people who normally could not afford 2 cabins..........you would think the least they could do is wait and get on board to see what the room stewards actually do to make the sardines comfortable:D Remember we are talking a big whopping $59 more........wow....

I cannot even fathom what 5 in an inside would be like if God forbid they were quarantined. :eek: Seriously, that is just scary thinking about.

15 minute showers will take an hour and fifteen minutes alone. God fobid someone has to go. :eek:

I cannot even fathom what 5 in an inside would be like if God forbid they were quarantined. :eek: Seriously, that is just scary thinking about.

Yeah, it kind of makes me think about the Splendor " dead in the water".:eek:

I shop at Walmart. Quantity over quality (on some items).

And I admit that I cruise Carnival because of the value (ie cheaper cost).

I was all serious last night and this morning I took a lighter approach for a laugh. Apparently that backfired.

sorry to disappoint.

I wouldn't worry about it. Personally...I avoid Walmart like the plague. Hope that doesn't disappoint anyone!:rolleyes:

To help out the frugal people:confused: It seems CCL is able to help out people who normally could not afford 2 cabins..........you would think the least they could do is wait and get on board to see what the room stewards actually do to make the sardines comfortable:D Remember we are talking a big whopping $59 more........wow....

They offer a few cabins to squeeze 5 people in, yet charge 200% for singles.

*shakeshead*

I know...I still don't understand stiffing the steward like that....

but then again, like I said I can't imagine 5 people in one of those claustophobic cabins....5 adult sized people to boot!! We aren't talking babies here. I would think you'd have to have shifts in that situation. One or two go to the cabin at a time to dress for dinner, shower or whatever. What a logistical nightmare.

(off topic) Miss D. How was your land vacation last month??? Did you have a blast? :)

They offer a few cabins to squeeze 5 people in, yet charge 200% for singles.

*shakeshead*

I know...I still don't understand stiffing the steward like that....

but then again, like I said I can't imagine 5 people in one of those claustophobic cabins....5 adult sized people to boot!! We aren't talking babies here. I would think you'd have to have shifts in that situation. One or two go to the cabin at a time to dress for dinner, shower or whatever. What a logistical nightmare.

(off topic) Miss D. How was your land vacation last month??? Did you have a blast? :)

It was awesome! The best part was waving bye bye to the cruise ship passengers:D Condo right smack in the middle of the marina. Walking distance to beach, bars, restaurants. Weather was awesome, although a little chilly out on the sunset cruises. I could live on real Mexican food and where else can you go and get 2 beers and 2 double shots of tequila for $5.00:p Beers were $2.00 a piece at the local bars. Beach bars a whole whopping $3.00. The clubs and bars are hopping until 4:00 a.m. every single night. Walked everywhere and never felt unsafe at all. Infact we left our doors wide open all the time we were there to get the nice breeze. Locals of course were wonderful as usual. We have made plans to fly down every May for a week and also do some off weekends because the flight for us is only 2 hours! Cabo rocks!!!! Even contemplating buying.....met so many wonderful people and experienced sooo many wonderful things that you can't even touch on a cruise.

Thanks for asking:)

It was awesome! The best part was waving bye bye to the cruise ship passengers:D Condo right smack in the middle of the marina. Walking distance to beach, bars, restaurants. Weather was awesome, although a little chilly out on the sunset cruises. I could live on real Mexican food and where else can you go and get 2 beers and 2 double shots of tequila for $5.00:p Beers were $2.00 a piece at the local bars. Beach bars a whole whopping $3.00. The clubs and bars are hopping until 4:00 a.m. every single night. Walked everywhere and never felt unsafe at all. Infact we left our doors wide open all the time we were there to get the nice breeze. Locals of course were wonderful as usual. We have made plans to fly down every May for a week and also do some off weekends because the flight for us is only 2 hours! Cabo rocks!!!! Even contemplating buying.....met so many wonderful people and experienced sooo many wonderful things that you can't even touch on a cruise.

Thanks for asking:)

I know how you feel...I love Cabo, but only have been there via cruise. We did stay 8 days in Mexico last May and I agree that I never felt unsafe for even a minute. We stayed 3 days in Tulum and then 5 days on Isla Mujeres. My sister and her family are going to Isla next month. I know they'll love it.

They have AI places there, but I would never, ever book with one. There are so many great restaurants and food/drinks are SO freaking reasonable, why the heck limit yourself????

If you have never stayed in Tulum, I highly recommend it. It is absolutely stunning. It's more undeveloped than a lot of Mexico at the moment, but I heard they were going to put an airport there so I imagine it will develop and become more touristy in the near future, unfortunately.

I could SO retire in Mexico. I would love to live there. :D My future SIL's Mom is trying to buy a home in Merida. :)

I know how you feel...I love Cabo, but only have been there via cruise. We did stay 8 days in Mexico last May and I agree that I never felt unsafe for even a minute. We stayed 3 days in Tulum and then 5 days on Isla Mujeres. My sister and her family are going to Isla next month. I know they'll love it.

They have AI places there, but I would never, ever book with one. There are so many great restaurants and food/drinks are SO freaking reasonable, why the heck limit yourself????

If you have never stayed in Tulum, I highly recommend it. It is absolutely stunning. It's more undeveloped than a lot of Mexico at the moment, but I heard they were going to put an airport there so I imagine it will develop and become more touristy in the near future, unfortunately.

I could SO retire in Mexico. I would love to live there. :D My future SIL's Mom is trying to buy a home in Merida. :)

Tulum does sound beautiful! I would have no problem retiring in Mexico. It feels so comfortable. Just have to find the right location and view and I know my friend who we rented the condo from is not giving this jewel up anytime soon! People don't know what they are missing by staying away from Mexico because I felt safer there then at home. I also think an AI would be a waste for us in Cabo. Yes they have some nice ones in Jose del Cabo but it is a 40 minute drive to town......no thanks! I think it would be too boring, plus like you said there are so many especially mom and pop places where the food is just wonderful! And cheap. And you can't beat the hospitality anywhere.....especially in the Caribbean where they seem to be kinda stand offish.

Ok back on topic........I could go on forever lol!

Based on a lot of comments here we should not only leave the tips on but tip extra because Carnival isn't paying decent salaries.

Nobody ever comments when I ask this question on a tipping thread, and for the record we do intend on leaving tips on before you assume otherwise. BUT considering all the money Carnival makes, why don't they just pay their workers a livable wage? Why is it up to Carnival customers to subsidize salaries when we're already paying for the vacation?

Further, it's great that Carnival cleans the rooms 2x day, but is that really necessary? Personally, we don't plan on being in it long enough to require two cleanings and the average person is used to once a day anyway.

I obviously don't know the rules, but how do restaurants get away with paying under minimum wage? Is Carnival not a U.S. company & that's why they get away with it?

In the State of Nevada tipped employees are paid minimum wage. Nevertheless, what is made in tips far exceeds the minimum wage. We also hire people from other countries here and they must get a work visa, etc and are not exempt from minimum wage. I'm no expert in other state laws but tips and wages must at least equal the federal minimum wage. Also consider carnival employees room, meals, etc. are probably included and thus part of their wages. I am a very good tipper and have no complaints about the $10 per day per person. I just don't believe carnival employees have it as bad as what is being portrayed on this thread. Just my humble opinion.

Archived