sailing by the Statue of Liberty

karen of PA

We will be sailing out of NYC on the CB in July and I am looking forward to seeing the Statue of Liberty as we sail by. Our departure time is supposed to be 5:00PM. We also have early dining. Will we have to miss dinner on our first night if we want to see the Statue of Liberty?

Thanks,

Karen

You can see the Statue of Liberty from the ship while it is docked in Brooklyn. If it departs on time, you will be beyond her at dinner time.

We're leaving on the 22nd on the Caribbean Princess. Is the best viewing of Miss Liberty on the port side or the starboard?

We're leaving on the 22nd on the Caribbean Princess. Is the best viewing of Miss Liberty on the port side or the starboard?

Starboard side on the way out, port side on the way in...

As someone said, the lovely Lady of the Harbour is in full and glorious view the entire time we are docked. I also love watching as we glide past her and again when we sail back. I also love the approach and sail under of the Verrazano Bridge. Just awesome.

On the first night I am told that there is a seafood buffet, with lots of good stuff, in Horizon Court. I missed it last year but am going to make a stop there this time. I understand that a lot of people watch sailaway and then go there for dinner on the first night. It's an option.

Archived