Flight times out of Long Beach - what is too early in San Pedro?

TessM

I'm getting ready to book my airfare and hopefully someone that has gotten off the Diamond (in San Pedro) recently can help.

What's the earliest that I can book a flight out of Long Beach? My options are pretty much 11AM and 5:30PM. I'd rather not hang around LB that long (especially with luggage in tow) - but, I really don't want to miss my flight.

fyi...Diamond gets in on Saturday mornings at 7AM (per the itinerary).

thanks!!!!

It's recommended that you not make flight arrangements for earlier than Noon. It's very possible to make an earlier flight but there are no guarantees. The ship could very well start disembarking at 9:30AM or 10:00AM, and you'd still have to get through Customs and Immigration, get to the airport, and check in.

You may wind up hanging out at the airport but that's preferable to missing your flight or having the stress if the ship's disembarkation starts late.

It's recommended that you not make flight arrangements for earlier than Noon. It's very possible to make an earlier flight but there are no guarantees. The ship could very well start disembarking at 9:30AM or 10:00AM, and you'd still have to get through Customs and Immigration, get to the airport, and check in.

You may wind up hanging out at the airport but that's preferable to missing your flight or having the stress if the ship's disembarkation starts late.

I agree with Pam, we were on the Diamond Feb. 26th 2005 sailing and it took a very very long time to get through Customs and Immigration. Passengers started to disembark at 8:30 AM, my group finanlly got through Customs, Immigration and baggage around NOON! So give yourself plenty of spare time, if you have Princess transfers you will be able to get off the ship sooner than later. Good Luck! :)

If there is more than one ship in port your disembarkation will be delayed. Diamond is the only regular Saturday ship, but the Norwegian Star does 8-day cruises and the Island Princess does 15. They were all in port two Saturdays ago and, while it wa sight to behold, I'm sure disembarkation was a nightmare for at least one load of passengers. I would take the later flight. You could look into renting a car and taking a tour of Long Beach - you really only need to arrive an hour before your flight at that airport, so you would have plenty of time.

Personaly speaking My flight was at 12:30pm and the ship requested to see the flight confermation to change my disembarkation time. Now keep in mind on a 7 day cruise they recieve the disembarkation PDF from headquatarts about the 4th day of your cruise. Once that was done I was Red 2 and off the ship and to the airport (LAX) about 1 1/2 hours before my flight so be real carful booking anything sooner than that.

Just my opinion might I add. Have a wondeful cruise, and Relax... Relax.... Relax:)

Also keep in mind that passports get through customs alot quicker.. I was through customs within 30 to 40 min.

TIP TIME, if one of you has a passport go through the passport line together! As this is not told to most people but something I found out through trial and error. The lines for BC and DL was 2 hours wait time when I was there.

We were told we would disembark the Island Princess from Hawaii on 3/5/05 at approximately 9 am. Due to delays getting all passengers and crew through customs we didn't get off until near 11 am. Then, when we did get off the ship, San Pedro was a mad house as the Diamond and Norwegian Sun were all disembarking at the same time. We were lucky to make our flight at 2 pm. If we had booked earlier, we probably would have missed it. Disembarkation from the Island Princess in San Pedro was the worst I have ever seen in all my many cruises.

We did the Diamond in October, both embarking and disembarking were slow due to very strict customs and immigrations. We made our 11:30 flight out of John Wayne but read on these boards quite a few people missed flights that day. If I took this trip again, I would plan to stay overnight someplace and go home the next day.

Archived