If you could change anything about Carnival?

DZNYROX

The mentality of the new management....:D

That would be my suggestion. Not sure specifically sure what you're referring to, but when I think of the mentality of the new management, I mean Gerry Cahill and how he seems to be whittling down the product.

I recall my cruises on CCL a few years back--food was tastier, entertainment was waaay better (I haven't seen a good piano bar player in the last 3 cruises!), Lido deck bands were really bands, not just 2-man duos playing a synthesizer...need I go on?

I know operating costs have risen and so forth, and maybe it's the same cutbacks on other lines, but we are willing to find out. Much as we love CCL, we are looking into different lines for next year.

Carnival should go back to giving us SOLO CRUISERS a discount like they did in the previous years.

Management should own up to their booking mistakes. They make many mistakes but they never admit to them. I end up having to forgive them.

They should let us be able to do a "name change" on the Early Saver since most of us have had the experience of friends and family members changing their minds about not going on a cruise. For example: I paid for a relative to cruise with me and he can't cruise with me and I can't do a name change to invite another friend to cruise with me. I end up cruising solo.

Interior decor. Definitely the decor. Yes, I know, such a thing shouldn't be so awful to us to turn us away from Carnival, but it has! The last Carnival ship we were on, the Spirit -- garish, clashing colors, way too bright lights, "Las Vegas on the Cheap" is the way my husband described it. Coupled with too many loud public announcements for nothing of real importance --for activities that people could find in their daily newsletters if they'd bother to read them.

It's a shame, because we had terrific food; the handicap-accessible cabin (I use a wheelchair) was one of the most spacious and best-laid-out that we've been on; the crew and staff were most accommodating...

but we felt like we needed sunglasses and earplugs whenever we were in the public areas. Not at all fun.

Get a new CEO that is more concerned with us, the cruisers, and less about the botton line. Everything, from the cruisers standpoint, about Carnival has gone downhill the last few years. BRING BACK THE PINS. Yes, the boats are full but in the long run Cahill is cutting his own throat.

Edited by AD5ZA

I agree with all the above. The solo supplement has been a real turn off. The 1970's orange sofas have to go. The nickle and diming is wearing thin. The food used to be very good but not in the past 2 years. How many silver frames do I really need? Sail away parties are just about non existant. Lack of steel drums and real bands on Lido has been terrible.

Carnival's website is not user friendly. Especially the excursions area. Once you look at a description it puts you back where you have to choose the port all over and it's so SLOW......

As with anything - everyone has different opinions and feel each cruiseline could change tghings here and there - I think they are still doing a good job and I believe you are getting what you pay for. The 1 thing that bothered me the most on my cruise last week was the way people dressed for the MDR each night. I have no problem with shorts, if they are dressier / bermuda style Vs cargo / cut off's. And women should not be allowed to wear shorts that do not cover everything into the dining room. :eek:

Get rid of the ridiculous 200% single supplement for all cabin classes. Why should I be penalized for cruising alone and have to pay the same as two people?

Bring back real bands. I am sick of the computerized back up tracks.

Get rid of the Flat Iron steak (shoe leather) and bring back real quality cuts of meat on the standard MDR menu.

Stop playing info commercials on the big screen and turn the volume down.

Carnival's website is not user friendly. Especially the excursions area. Once you look at a description it puts you back where you have to choose the port all over and it's so SLOW......

Right??? It's the worst!! Was trying to research excursions & gave up, it was very frustrating. Tried to read reviews & there were none there even though it would say there was, SUPER slow, no times listed, etc.. Could absolutely use some improvement.

Maybe I'm just old but it seems to me somewhere along the line somebody decided that having the volume turned up makes music better. At times the volume is so loud I don't sit out on the Lido deck. And then there is the matter of the announcements. The loud music drown them out and no way of knowing whether it was an important announcement or not. Most of the announcements they could do away with but it would be nice to be able to hear them just in case they are important.

Eliminate all smoking. I know this will not happen in the next couple of years, however, the public's tolerance of smokers has gotten smaller and smaller. I expect it to evaporate by 2015.

Doc

Eliminate all smoking. I know this will not happen in the next couple of years, however, the public's tolerance of smokers has gotten smaller and smaller. I expect it to evaporate by 2015.

Doc

One could only hope - though I imagine that Carnival will hold on well beyond 2015.

Tom

I wish Carnival would...

#1- ... do something about the chair-hogs around the pools. The sign on the bigscreen isn't cutting it. It's not fair for folks to come out and drop their stuff on a chair(s) and not come back until hours later when there are passengers that really want to use the chairs then and there.

#2- ..... have a better booking procedure for those who truely need Handicapped cabins and not book them so freely to folks that just desire them to have an extra long balcony or a better location on the ship. If there are some HC cabins left close to sail time then Carnival should use these as the Guarantee Cabins thus still allowing a hanicapped person to book on up to the end. Some folks that book Guarantee do not get their cabin assignment until last minute anyways so it really wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Hoosiercouple

I totally agree with everybody here but as far as the decor I am ok with it as its different. We need CEO/Management that wants to compete with other cruise lines, if things continue to go downhill I not sure what Carnival be like in another few years, maybe like Imperial Majesty cruise line and I not think Carnival wants that??

I been very loyal to Carnival but after my last cruise experience on Fascination I just said to myself enough with Carnival other cruise lines are better when it comes to better quality/selection/variety regarding food, shows, etc. I do give Carnival credit for keeping their ships clean and updated but what good is that when everything else just goes downhill. (Again, my opinion)

Another issue pools....Princess, RC and Celebrity have gone fresh water, why isn't Carnival competing? Ok, not as important to me but to many it is.

As far as the single supplement (my daughter cruises with us so I can relate to this issue as she gets her own stateroom) I agree....for instance ok you have two persons that are in a cabin say they pay 1000 each for the cruise...carnival is feeding 2 people...so they have this single supplement to compensate not having that second persons money....but if you think of it the single person pays double and carnival is only feeding one person which means carnival makes even more money off this single person!! Its not fair...

I agree, get rid of that horrible flat iron so called steak if you call it that, shoulder meat that is tough, (some say its not well it must be full of tenderizer then which is bad for your health) and full of fat....go back to something that will please all, say a good sirloin is a happy medium,not expensive piece of meat but a very healthy, lean, and good piece of beef. Next be the salisbury steak or like other poster said here beef a roni.

Now, they offering "comfort foods" friend chicken and meatloaf...what the heck is with that! More cost cutting...sooner or later you will find items that is currently still offered on the menu taken off...its called marketing...they gradually add something in their plans to eventually weed off or take away something else so they save even more money!

I do have a solution since I have read other boards that many like these comfort foods....why not have a dining room just serving these comfort foods and another dining room continue the regular menu? Two different dining rooms plus having the buffet gives more choices to poeple I think passengers would like this.

I really think Carnival needs to to rethink what they doing to their product, things only go downhill and they certainly pushing for that. Its ok to cut costs but enough if enough I say!

I do have a solution since I have read other boards that many like these comfort foods....why not have a dining room just serving these comfort foods and another dining room continue the regular menu? Two different dining rooms plus having the buffet gives more choices to poeple I think passengers would like this.

[/i]

Putting aside several other reasons why this probably wouldn't work, it would mean that approximately half of all the passengers would have to choose your comfort food dining room.... Ya think?:rolleyes:

I would like to see them give you credit for the amount of days cruised instead of cruises taken. We've been on five seven day Carnival cruises for 35 days. If you take ten three days cruises, you become Platinum. We are only half way there and have spent a lot more money for our five cruises than you would for ten three day cruises.

As for the food, I'm glad they put "comfort" food on the menu. If there's nothing you like on the menu that night, at least you have something to choose from that you do like.

I wish they would have stuck with the stadium style (tiered) arrangement on the Dream Class of ship. The way it is now, it seemed too crowded on the Lido Deck when there was something going on. Everyone was on the same level and you couldn't see over them like you could with the stadium style.