If you could change anything about Carnival?

DZNYROX

It used to be that you could brag about getting a great deal on Carnival, including great food, great entertainment, etc. Not any more.

Things I'd like to change

1. Better food

2. Better policing of unruly children and adults

3. Better policing of chairhogs

4. Better perks for suites

5. Announcements coming into the cabin, BUT only if you want them.

6. Just a tad subtler decor

7. Shows/music sound levels that don't destroy the eardrums

to name a few

I would not have the waiters sing and dance every night. A few nights is fine, but not every night. Sometimes it seems so contrived. Don't have the waiters sing "O Solo Mio" - this is done on every cruise line. At first it is novel, but after a few cruises, it loses something.

HAHA- I just said this to hubby- #1 thing I would change on Carnival- how extremely cold they keep the ship's interior public spaces! I hate having to wear sweaters and jackets on our tropical vacations! :D That being said, that is my biggest gripe, so obviously not going to be a deal breaker for this Carnival family! :)

A la NCL's Blue Lagoon or similar!

On the new CARNIVAL MAGIC they do offer wings in the Red Frog Pub --- but they'll cost you $3.33... for each serving. ;)

I don't know about you, but I can eat some wings!!

Tom

oh yeah, I have a 13 year old who can eat most grown men under the table with wings....He would run my S&S into the thousands on the Magic in wings alone!

Edited by V8cruiser

HAHA- I just said this to hubby- #1 thing I would change on Carnival- how extremely cold they keep the ship's interior public spaces! I hate having to wear sweaters and jackets on our tropical vacations! :D That being said, that is my biggest gripe, so obviously not going to be a deal breaker for this Carnival family! :)

I agree!!

Too many anouncements, no control over kids at 2:00 in the morning, very pushy wait staff on Lido deck, food is well below RCCL and because I'm from the south, please someone make better ice tea !!! That stuff is awful...

The one thing I would change would be that Carnival would continue to cruise out of Mobile, Alabama. I'm sure going to miss cruising out of Mobile. .... :(

I agree. Mobile is a great drive-up cruise from where I live.

Carnival's website is not user friendly. Especially the excursions area. Once you look at a description it puts you back where you have to choose the port all over and it's so SLOW......

I had the same problem... until i realized that in the upper right hand of the page, there's a link saying "back to excursion results" or something like that. It takes you back to your results without having to choose the port all over. Of course, it's still super slow as it seems like it re-runs the search instead of going back to the actual previous search results. but hey, if it helps eliminates putting in the port all over again, it helps.

Buffet & pizza areas would still be included...but.....

One restaurant would have a surcharge....and have dress requirements (Something like $10 per meal)

The other restaurant would have a smaller surcharge...and no dress requirements (Perhaps $5 per meal)

The cost of alcoholic drinks should go up.

There should be better quality iced tea and sodas included with the cost of the cruise.

There should be better quality iced tea and sodas included with the cost of the cruise.

Back when I used to drink iced tea, I was not a fan of their instant tea. Something about sitting in the dining room on (formerly) formal night enjoying prime rib or lobster... in a tux... and being brought instant tea! I made a point at the start of the cruise to let our headwaiter know that I preferred brewed tea. They were able to make it happen, and we appreciated the extra effort.

Instant/concentrate tea should be left for the machines on Lido, and NOT served in the MDR, IMHO!!

Tom

I would like "intelligent" lectures.....

I'm not talking stuff like Shakespeare....but relevant things

1. History & highlights of the ports

2. How to buy jewelry....what to look for/what to avoid

3. A financial speaker

4. Maritime issues

Things that don't insult my intelligence

Back when I used to drink iced tea, I was not a fan of their instant tea. Something about sitting in the dining room on (formerly) formal night enjoying prime rib or lobster... in a tux... and being brought instant tea! I made a point at the start of the cruise to let our headwaiter know that I preferred brewed tea. They were able to make it happen, and we appreciated the extra effort.

Instant/concentrate tea should be left for the machines on Lido, and NOT served in the MDR, IMHO!!

Tom

quit drinking ice tea ? That is the first time that I have heard of someone who quit.

In Southern Europe...everybody drinks wine.

In Northern Europe they drink beer.

In the Southern US...everyone drinks iced tea. Starting with baby bottles.

I would like "intelligent" lectures.....

I'm not talking stuff like Shakespeare....but relevant things

1. History & highlights of the ports

2. How to buy jewelry....what to look for/what to avoid

3. A financial speaker

4. Maritime issues

Things that don't insult my intelligence

Celebrity touches on some of those topics. I NEVER see Carnival doing that, I don't think they could fill the first row of seats.

Tom

Change the neon and FLASHING... it is so Vegas-80's! ...and the weird "burnt orange-hue" cabin colors while you are at it. :eek:

I do prefer modern day Vegas! :cool:

Heading back SOON -- can't wait! :D

(sent from 35,000 feet -- though not Vegas this trip!)

Tom