Celebrity V. HAL

lardor

Could the reason be that the staterooms on the Maasdam are larger plus only the Maasdam goes to Montreal whereas the Celebrity leaves from Quebec City? Only the Maasdam, Crystal, Seabourn and the Veendam (2012) sail in and out of Montreal they can command more money for the sailing.

Well I won't agree that about 20sf makes a difference but I guess being on a smaller ship is a good reason and if it costs more to get to Montreal then that would be part of the reason also....and thanks to everybody that took the time to help me out...

With the money you save you can spend a few days in Montreal And after that, go to Quebec City for a few days.

As for the 20 square feet...who kidding whom? Is it worth $107. per square foot to get this???

Or just use the extra cash for another cruise!

Just wondering if you posed this question on the Celebrity board too?

No, have never been on an X cruise and have never looked at their site....and assumed that "we" have better answers....

No, have never been on an X cruise and have never looked at their site....and assumed that "we" have better answers....

I would ask on the X board for the fun of it - remember they may be slanted towards X - (and of course none of us are slanted towards HAL:rolleyes:). You should be able to get some good points and recommendations on the ship you are considering. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. No matter what ship you sail, have a wonderful cruise:D

I would ask on the X board for the fun of it - remember they may be slanted towards X - (and of course none of us are slanted towards HAL:rolleyes:). You should be able to get some good points and recommendations on the ship you are considering. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. No matter what ship you sail, have a wonderful cruise:D

I was not looking for information on X boats, my original question was just a comparison of the X and HAL buffet...which I now have, and the added question of why such a huge difference in price for basically the same cruise...which I now have. Again, thanks for everyones imput...

Archived