Carnival Dream Room 2462

evajean

Finally got our room assignment for our guaranteed inside stateroom on our July 16th sailing. Can anyone tell me anything about this room? It is on the Main deck about as far back to the end of the ship as you can get. Is this a bad location? Was really hoping we would end up with some nice upgrade but you get what you pay for. Are we going to be walking forever to get anywhere?

Thanks

Eva

I was on the Dream back in January and was only a few rooms before the one you have. It's not bad at all. You won't be walking forever to get anywhere, besides the front of the ship - because you're obviously located in the far back. However, once you take the elevators up to the Lido deck, you're immediately at the back pool with the Indian food, Deli, a lunch buffet area that we found was the least busiest, and the pasta area. The back of the ship is also where the comedy club, piano bar, arcade, a couple bars, and this other entertainment place (I forget the name) that they play a lot of games are located on deck 5 me thinks!

I mean, it's a huge ship, so you're kind of walking forever to get to places anyway.

I was on the Dream back in January and was only a few rooms before the one you have. It's not bad at all. You won't be walking forever to get anywhere, besides the front of the ship - because you're obviously located in the far back. However, once you take the elevators up to the Lido deck, you're immediately at the back pool with the Indian food, Deli, a lunch buffet area that we found was the least busiest, and the pasta area. The back of the ship is also where the comedy club, piano bar, arcade, a couple bars, and this other entertainment place (I forget the name) that they play a lot of games are located on deck 5 me thinks!

I mean, it's a huge ship, so you're kind of walking forever to get to places anyway.

It's huge, true. You'll likely be assigned to Scarlett dining room, go up 1 flight of stairs and you are there. The back pool is quieter, the main pool has the huge t.v. and it blares.

I was on Deck 2 in a Cove Balcony. My only complaint was that the pool was so far away, because I'm not one to wait for the elevator. On the bright side, I guess it was good that we had to walk up so many flights of stairs, because of all the food we ate.

Besides that, it was fine. The Dream has a few dead ends and can be a bit of a maze, but you'll be fine once you learn the ship a bit.

You will have vibration in the floor. We had the very last inside on Riveria onTriumph last Dec, and thought that last cabin was far worse, something wrong with Triumph.

All far aft cabins on the bottom two decks like that have lots of vibration, stablizers Im told?? Worse when ship is leaving a port or turning.

You will have vibration in the floor. We had the very last inside on Riveria onTriumph last Dec, and thought that last cabin was far worse, something wrong with Triumph.

All far aft cabins on the bottom two decks like that have lots of vibration, stablizers Im told?? Worse when ship is leaving a port or turning.

Yes, those are the thrusters and they shoot water out to move the ship without turning the big propellers. That way they can gently move the ship away from the dock itself and turn it within a small space. They can wake you up in the morning when they are docking.

As far as distance, when you come up the elevator you are not only right by the aft pool and the deli there, but the main part of the Lido buffet extends back to there so you will be much closer to buffet and those in the forward part of the ship. They are closer to the showroom but how often do you go there?:D

I was further forward than the OP on Conquest.. on Main in the L shaped 6Bs, and even those the floor had that vibration pretty much all the time. Felt like a kind of humming. It gets worse the further aft you go, on the bottom two decks.

Good location otherwise.

Archived