Allure Trip Journal with Pics - June 5-12/11 (Solo!)

Wonderful pictures and recap. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. We got to the Sail Away late and not many people up there had beads on and I snoozed through the M&M in the Solarium but it looks like I missed out because you seem like a very fun person to cruise with. I'm glad you had a great time!

brd1121, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. I was up at the skybar at sailaway until close to 6pm with my beads on, but I was closer to the railing talking to UNV-IT. Sorry I missed you! :( I hope you enjoyed your cruise though!!!

I enjoyed reading your reviews we are still 8 months away march 11th 2012.

We live in Mississauga so we are not to far away from you.quote=Newbcruiser1;29465531]

alan10, We really don't live far from eachother at all! Small world! I hope the next 8 months fly by quickly and I hope you have a wonderful cruise on my favourite ship!

Anyway I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has to the best of my abilities. Thank you all for following along! I hope you enjoyed it! :)

Hi Alan, great post!!! I have a couple of questions for you, if you get a moment I would truly appreciate any info you could supply.

My wife and I are traveling aboard the Allure on July 3rd. Michelle is disabled and basically has some trouble walking great distances, but we do have her wheelchair in case she needs to use it. Do you have any suggestions as far as excursions while on the Islands? We can't do anything like water sports, ATV adventures, bumpy rides or walking too much, but wondering if you might have some suggestions.

Also, did you have any trouble getting into the main shows in the main theatre? I have heard that some people actually were locked out of seeing some shows due to "sell out" or theatre at capacity.

Thanks,

Metro and Michelle from RI

My God little lady, your review of this ship is so amazing! You are blowing me away with all the details and incredible tidbits of information. It's 1:20AM and I can't stop reading your cruise review/experience! I can't wait until July 3rd!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

-Metro:):):):)

Hey Newbie!!

It was so great meeting you and spending some time with you on the ship.

I just found this thread and your review... you did a great job! And looking at all the food again, I am sitting here starving and wishing I had some!!

I saw myself in 2 of your pictures... the one of the pic of Chicago and the Let you entertain me! Ha ha... how funny. :) Hope you are doing well...

Btw.. my little guy says "hi" :) Here he is with Mort.

251376_10150280377756672_569026671_8909752_1805589_n.jpg

and King Julian of course.. ;)

264324_10150280379496672_569026671_8909795_8108923_n.jpg

I have a couple of questions for you, if you get a moment I would truly appreciate any info you could supply.

My wife and I are traveling aboard the Allure on July 3rd. Michelle is disabled and basically has some trouble walking great distances, but we do have her wheelchair in case she needs to use it. Do you have any suggestions as far as excursions while on the Islands? We can't do anything like water sports, ATV adventures, bumpy rides or walking too much, but wondering if you might have some suggestions.

Also, did you have any trouble getting into the main shows in the main theatre? I have heard that some people actually were locked out of seeing some shows due to "sell out" or theatre at capacity.

Thanks,

Metro and Michelle from RI

Hi Metro,

Thanks for reading! :) I don't have any excursion advice for you since I didnt even research any as I wanted to stay onboard. I'd check out RCI's shore excursions online and make note of the ones that interest you, and then call RCI for more information to see which ones would be accessible for Michelle. There should be some that she will be able to do.

Also, its a good idea to bring the wheelchair along incase she needs it onboard the ship since it's so large. Did you book a wheelchair accessible room? If not, does the wheelchair fold up for storage? The non-accessible rooms are pretty tight so hopefully it folds and you can find somewhere for it.

I didn't have any trouble getting into the shows, but I pre-booked them all online about 6-8 weeks prior to sailing. If you havent done that already, definitely do it ASAP. If you are unable to get tickets for them online, you can try on the first day when you board the ship, either on your stateroom TV, or at the designated location set up for ticket booking (I believe it was deck 4 outside of Studio B). And if all else fails and you still can't get tickets, they do have a standby line, which you should prepare to be in about 30-45 minutes before the show. They allow these people in 10 minutes before the show if there are empty seats, and from what I saw, the standby-ers usually got in, except for the comedy show. You just might have trouble finding seats together (or those which are accessible for Michelle) at that time though.

I hope you can get the details all ironed out prior to your cruise. Have a wonderful trip, and I hope everything works out well for your wife as well. Be sure to let us know the details of your cruise once you get home! :)

Hey Newbie!!

It was so great meeting you and spending some time with you on the ship.

I just found this thread and your review... you did a great job! And looking at all the food again, I am sitting here starving and wishing I had some!!

I saw myself in 2 of your pictures... the one of the pic of Chicago and the Let you entertain me! Ha ha... how funny. :) Hope you are doing well...

Btw.. my little guy says "hi" :) Here he is with Mort.

and King Julian of course.. ;)

Shado,

Those pictures are great! :) The one with Julien at the breakfast turned out adorable. It was great meeting you and your little one as well! I'm sorry I didnt see you again to say bye on the last day!

I like your idea of going up one level to see everything. When you say photo gallery do you mean "Focus"? Anyone know when the parade would be Eastern Caribbean on Oasis? Are the parades listed in the Compass?

"The Move it Move it parade was shortly after, at 11:30am in the Royal Promenade and I opted to watch from deck 6 in the photo gallery - it was nice to have an overhead view and the parade was great - even better than the one on the Liberty in February!"

I like your idea of going up one level to see everything. When you say photo gallery do you mean "Focus"? Anyone know when the parade would be Eastern Caribbean on Oasis? Are the parades listed in the Compass?

"The Move it Move it parade was shortly after, at 11:30am in the Royal Promenade and I opted to watch from deck 6 in the photo gallery - it was nice to have an overhead view and the parade was great - even better than the one on the Liberty in February!"

Yup, I did mean Focus. Just walk all the way in as far as you can go, and get a good spot along the railing in there. You'll be right near all of the action!

I'm not sure when the parades are on the Eastern. I would assume there is still one on the first sea day.

There was a repeat of the same parade combined with a "farewell message" which I didn't attend on the last evening as well (I think around 7:30?) on the Allure. I'm not sure if the Oasis does the same, but they ARE listed in the compass so make sure to read those every day.

Great Reviews and pictures. I am actually looking into buying the Fujifilm Z33 waterproof camera...so it was great to see the pics. We don't sail until March next year.. so of course I am hooked on all the reviews.

Excellent Review - I just spent the last hour reading 8 pages and enjoying all your beautiful photos. Very detailed which was wonderful. Great to know about the character breakfast I did not know there was no charge. DH and I are kids at heart so that may be something I would book.

Again thank you for the review I really enjoyed it.

What day and time did you book the character breakfast for. Are all the character breakfasts the same?

Jimbo:)

They only offered 1 time which was for8AM, and the characters varied each morning, the food menu was the same, but hey it was lots of fun, oh they are only scheduled on Sea Days.

I will be on the Allure 2 weeks from today, and after reading your fabulous review/blog and seeing all of those gorgeous photos, I cannot wait!

I would love to find out the MDR menus prior to embarking though so that I can pick a night for our birthday celebration in one of the specialty restaurants.

If anyone has copies of the recent menus on the 7 night eastern cruise, please let me know.

Newbie - you really outdid yourself with your postings. I rarely read message boards, but I read all 8 pages of yours. Thanks again!

Archived