'Single' Cabins

Hi NCL cruisers. My first question regarding NCL. How far in advance do you book the 'studio' cabins for single cruisers? I lost my dear hubby earlier this year and am now having to look at cruise lines that have 'single' cabins. Have cruised with Disney once, but mainly Princess and RCL in the past. Have been looking at next March/April in the Caribbean but see these cabins are already booked up!!!! Obviously this will be my first time 'alone' and want things to go right. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

Hi NCL cruisers. My first question regarding NCL. How far in advance do you book the 'studio' cabins for single cruisers? I lost my dear hubby earlier this year and am now having to look at cruise lines that have 'single' cabins. Have cruised with Disney once, but mainly Princess and RCL in the past. Have been looking at next March/April in the Caribbean but see these cabins are already booked up!!!! Obviously this will be my first time 'alone' and want things to go right. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear about your husband ...

The single studio cabins are only on the Epic in the NCL fleet so far.

The March/April time frame is the peak of Spring Break for schools and colleges ... you might want to rethink your timing.

Wishful thinking - I'm so sorry for your loss. But good for you to keep on cruising.

As another poster said, you might want to re-think the timing due to school being on spring break during that time.

You DO NOT want to be in the Caribbean on a cruise in March/April...you'd be swimming for Havana.

I was laughing myself silly on that one unt I realized that's exactly what I e done. Yikes! But my cruise is an 11 day Southern on the Sun. Does being longer mean the Spring breakers will stay away. Please put my fears to rest!

There is a message board for Solo Cruisers, and they might be able to answer your questions. I am a soloist, and took my first cruise with NCL last year on the Jade. It didn't have cabins for singles, but their supplement is quite good. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and highly recommend NCL if you're on your own.

April

I'm sorry for your loss. Since losing my husband more than three years ago,

I've been on a number of cruises. There are very few 'single' cabins.

However,

at times the 'single supplement' isn't too bad, or all the rates are dropped and even with the single supplement added the price is affordable. I just tell myself we would have paid more than that for the two of us, and if it is affordable, I book it. Cruising as a solo isn't the same, but it can still be enjoyable.

Wishful I have sailed single for last10 years, get involved with your cruise critic roll call when you book a cruise. I am sorry for your loss. Trust that you will have a great time solo and you will everyone is so friendly on cruises. Spring break is a rough time for some people with all the kids(me included). Longer cruises will keep college kids away a little more but not the youngens

It is hard to lose someone you care for and sorry to hear this for you...

On to the cruisng now. You can use other lines that will give you reduced rates on cruises...Try HAL (gave me a 130% rate and upgraded me to an OV cabin), RCL (just had a friend do a 4 night out of Tampa for $278) and Celebrity has had some great pricing lately...Also there are several single sites out there that book cruises especially for solo/single cruisers...;)

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your husband. I lost my 3 1/2 years ago. I sail solo all the time and don't mind paying the single supplement. I try not to sail from the end of February until the middle of April because of Spring Breakers. March seems to be when most of the college Spring Breakers are on. They seem to be the worst group. No matter, just relax and enjoy. Mandy

I am so sorry for your loss. I cruise solo all the:p time. I have a husband that does not like to travel, so I go myself and have a good time. It is good to know that solo cabins are out there. I hate to pay for another person in the cabin that is not there. This November is my "Big Birthday" and I will be sailing with two or three of my h.s. classmates in one cabin after going solo before, it should be different that is for sure, but it will be fun!

Archived