'Single' Cabins

Hi P&O cruisers. My first question regarding P&O. How far in advance do you book the 'studio' cabins for single cruisers? I lost my dear hubby earlier this year and am now having to look at cruise lines that have 'single' cabins. Have cruised with Disney once, but mainly Princess and RCL in the past. Have been looking at next March/April in the Caribbean but see these cabins are already booked up!!!! Obviously this will be my first time 'alone' and want things to go right. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

Hi Wishful Thinking and welcome to Cruise Critic. I am sorry to hear you have lost your husband.

There are very few single cabins on P&O- only on Azura at present in fact, and from November two on Oriana - so they usually book up very early.

Having said that, I usually book a twin for sole occupancy, which on some cruises can be as low as 30% single supplement and less in total than many single cabins such as on Fred Olsen, so worth looking at. I hope you are able to find something suitable.

P&O cater for solo travellers very well, usually putting you on a table with others in the same situation. Fred Olsen and Cunard have Gentleman Hosts though, should you like dancing.

Archived