Diversions...Has your cruise ever dirverted

gregg204

16 cruises & have never had any changes due to weather. But, our "family" honeymoon (with my 2 cutie pies) back in 2000 broke down, dead in the water on our way to San Juan. After waiting a day or so for help to come fix the ship, we missed all ports & "limped" back to Miami at a very slow pace. We got back to Miami a day or two early & of course were allowed to stay on the ship til debarkation day. Carnival gave everyone their $ back including airfare, free excursions in Miami, free drinks at the bars several times, AND a discount on our next cruise. Do you know there were STILL people FREAKING OUT.. We had an awesome time still, was the kids first cruise & they had a blast!! We were on the Destiny, btw. The only port I would be very upset to miss is Bermuda, I cruise there because I get 2 nights & 3 days on the island & I love it!! There is really no other port I've been to SO FAR that I would freak out over missing. I might feel different whenever I am fortunate enough to make my way to an Alaskan or Hawaii cruise though!!

Hi,:)

Back in Sept 1999 we were booked out of Boston for Bermuda but got diverted because of a hurricane in Bermuda. We went north toward Canada!

Funny thing was that we had driven down from Montreal. Someone else, probably others as well, who were on board from St. John New Brunswick got to visit their city as it was one of the new ports we were visiting.

In Halifax my husband got ill and we had to disembark and he was hospitalized for a week so in the long run we were happy to be in Canada.

Our travel insurance amongst other things had our car returned to Canada.

At any rate enjoy wherever you go. Most of the enjoyment is on the ship anyway.

happytotravel :)

Archived