Drinking age

From the Carnival site under FAQ's:

Drinking Alcohol On Board:

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop staff are in question that a guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone.

FYI-any underage minors caught drinking the cruise line can force all family members to disembark at the next port of call without refund or recourse and to fly back home on their own dime which at last minute could be very expensive. This happen to a family who had to disembark in Cabo for this same reason.

if your card says you are under 21, you cannot purchase alcohol.

Bingo. If you want to mix your own from a bon voyage gift or rum runner, there's nothing stopping you. But they have the right to give you a hard time, as was posted above. Probably would depend how much of a scene you're causing :p I had plenty to drink on Carnival before I was 21, just couldn't buy it. My friends even got the bartender from the martini bar to personally deliver us drinks to the dining room, top notch!

Archived