Chances of getting off anytime dinning waitlist? We sail July 17

shoegal24

Hello everyone.

We booked our cruise just over 3 weeks ago and we wanted anytime dinning bit were instead booked for the 830 dinner. We're waitlisted for anytime.

Do people usually get off waitlists or do you think we're stuck?

Thank you

If all else fails, plan to head to the MDR as soon as you board. You'll find a line of people there, signing up for MTD. It will take a little time out of your first day on board, but you should be successful, if you get there before all the open slots for MTD are taken.

Shoegal ... Did you book through a travel agent? If so have him/her keep trying for Select Dining (Celebrity's name for it's non-traditional seating). You didn't say where you are going but if we know which ship we might get a better feel for your chance of getting it.

Shoegal ... Did you book through a travel agent? If so have him/her keep trying for Select Dining (Celebrity's name for it's non-traditional seating). You didn't say where you are going but if we know which ship we might get a better feel for your chance of getting it.

Thank you everyone!

Yes, we did book through a travel agent.

We are on the Century.

If we don't get off the wait list before we sail, I will definitely line up at the MDR, as suggested.

We are on the Infinity in Sept for Alaska. We have late seating(all we could get at time of booking several months ago). I just called the TA and there are no wait lists for any of the dinning as all are full. We will try the MDR line after check in. Any suggestions if that fails as we do not eat late?

I have had to change seating time more than once. One time I was confirmed to early and they gave me late instead. I am diabetic and have to eat at my normal time, plus there's no way I could sleep on a full stomach. On my most recent cruise there were 2 trivia games in the evening and a couple I played with a lot were bummed because they missed out. Also sometimes the show for the late dining was AFTER their dinner--too late for me and conflicted with later dance parties.

I think they will change for you without a problem, but if all else fails mention the big

D (diabetes) and there will be no problem. I like early seating and having the whole evening before me.

Just got back last night from 12 nights on Connie to Scandinavia/Russia--wonderful time!

Tried booking a CC cabin after final payment date but didn't get offered the dining time I need (diabetic also) & want (prefer early as my 'aged' stomach dislikes late :)..

Having my TA make my booking instead & is asking for the dining time I am supposed to be able to choose - Odd that the website didn't offer it to me...

Anyone have this happen to them when booking a CC class cabin or any idea why?

Thanks for sharing any experiences/opinions with this problem..:)

Archived