4 day with balcony or 7 day inside

magnumcoog

I have a 4 day cruise booked on Monarch of the Seas for Spring Break 2006. Will stay at Disneyland for 3 nights (no cost for room), but will have park admission for 3 days and food.

Next week I will be sailing on the Grand Princess, aft cabin BB cat. We are spoiled and only our very first cruise have we had an inside. On the Monarch I have a mini-suite w/balconly

Monarch of the Seas goes to Catalina Island, San Diego, and Ensenada,MX.

I plan on using mileage for air.

I have noticed that for about $500 more I can book an inside cabin, cat I on the Golden Princess. The Cat I insides are about 5 cabins from the Aft Pool on the Aloha Deck. I am thinking that we can just go back to the pool area for our "balcony".

I guess my question would be this, will I be able to handle the inside cabin?

The Golden Princess will be calling on St. Thomas, St.Kitts, Grenada, La Guaira and Aruba. What is there to do at La Guaira?

My first time on Princess was on the Golden in an inside cabin. That experience sold me on Princess! Their inside cabins are wonderful, well organized, well lit, and have all the amenities of the outside standard cabins. I had a great time with the best naps of any cruise before or since. It was the only time we went with an inside because the draw of a balcony is so great for us... but if I had the choice of balcony for 4 days and inside for 7... I'd ABSOLUTELY go for the inside and get a longer time on the ship, especially if it's the Golden!!

Ditto! :)

Longer cruises are always better! :D

LaGuira we took a ship's tour, city and Murano Glass factory, and the tram. It was very good, and I would suggest you take a ship's tour there, period! The city is huge, dirty, but the contrasts are interesting. It is a 3rd world country! I think we all need to see something like this at least once!

We also were just at St. Kitts. Let me know if you want the name of a good tour guide!

We have always used the veranda especially in the mornings so will be difficult to not have one. That said, I posed this to my wife and daughter and they were much more excited about this cruise than the 4 day and 3 days at Disneyland. So I will be booking next week when I am aboard the Grand Princess. I think this will be number 7 for us.

If I get the aft inside that I want, the aft pool will be steps away, so we will just call that our semi-private pool and veranda.

I guess my question would be this, will I be able to handle the inside cabin?

The Golden Princess will be calling on St. Thomas, St.Kitts, Grenada, La Guaira and Aruba. What is there to do at La Guaira?

With that itinerary you will be spending most of your daylight hours in port anyway. For me, it would be a no brainer ... take the seven-day cruise with an inside cabin. You'll get more bang for your buck that way.

I can only see the appeal of a balcony when the cruise involves a lot of days at sea. When you have as many days in port as a Carribean cruise normally does, you're not gonna get the full benefit of that balcony if you plan on seeing the ports.

Just my opinion ...

Blue skies!

--rita

I definitely agree that MORE DAYS is ALWAYS better! I would rather spend the difference in price on souvenirs & drinks-of-the day. LOL. Really, I love to be outside but find that I prefer being on deck, people-watching (which is hard to do from a balcony!). So sign me up for more cruising days anytime.

I've heard over and over that the shorter cruises have comprimised quality in all areas, especially with Royal Caribbean. The Golden is an excellent ship with an excellent itinerary. I would do that one over and over again. The promenade deck is my balconly when I have to "suffer" with an inside. I'm jealous. Do it.

Great choice going for the 7! I've been in an inside on the Golden (I sail single so I have singles alot) and it isn't bad! Whenever I'm in the cabin I set the TV to show the web cam, and you see outdoors!

I know people do the shorter cruises, I just won't. Twenty years ago, in my 30s, I took my first cruise, 7 days and vowed never to do a short cruise! My thought is you still have to drag so much clothes why not add a few days! I know people like the short cruises, there certainly is a market for them, limited funds/time off, they are great, give people a short dose!

Susie

We are taking the same cruise and itinerary in three weeks and this will be our first inside cabin. This is our 13th cruise and we had a balcony for the past 5 or 6 and an ovean view prior to those.

Other than not being able to peek out a window and check the weather, I don't think we will miss the balcony very much. We have never spend a great deal of time on the balcony and most of the days we will be in port on tours or on the Lido deck soaking in the rays and enjoying the Reggai music and outside activities.

With the lower cost we are able to do more tours and I am hopeful that in the future we can take two cruises in the same year because of the lower price!

Archived