Card question?

lissyc1

Yes, you can use a debit card. Note that they will put a hold on the card for anticipated charges. In the past people have reported that the hold was slow to come off after the cruise.

You can also use cash.

oh cash sounds good do i pay in advance on check in then top up as the cruise goes on then pay final bill? Sorry this is all new to me it's only my second cruise and first on princess I travel with my mother usually and i give her cash and we use her credit card but this year is my treat.

Thanks

Melissa

What do you mean by a hold on the card?

A hold could be $100 per day or more and that's the amount they hold against your card for future charges. In other words, on a seven day cruise, if they hold $700, you better hope your balance can cover it.

so they will effectively own 1400 on my 14 day cruise until end of cruise??? Hmmm cash or mothers card is definatly the way forward I get paid halfway through cruise so at start there will not be enough half way through there will be? In regards to cash can i pay some before we set sail and if so will this effect my card "hold"?

Thanks for all your replies

Melissa

Thankyou all for your rapid responses just one question to check i have this right

I check in register my card go aboard go to the pursers desk hand over my cash job done they then let me know when the cash runs out and charge my card as necessary? Do they still impose the hold on the card?

Thansk Again i know im a pain lol

Melissa

Archived