M-Class C1 6143 or SS 6145?

cpgrneyes

Because of the additional $200 credit for a suite with the current Captain's Club promotion, we could do either of these great cabins, both in between the big suites.

We're bringing our kids and their families (who will all have their own insides), for a total of 9 of us. We did a family trip to Alaska, and snagged a FV which was wonderful, but I don't expect to get that lucky again!

I'm not sure we'd have the whole family in our cabin or on our deck that much, but it WILL happen.

Both are available, so I'd like to make sure I grab it, but am not sure which. My understanding is that both are larger than others in the same category, the SS has a single door with a long balcony and the C1 has a deep balcony.

HELP!!! I'm torn between two amazing options!

I'd go with SS 6145. C1 6143 is very nice too, it's one of the best concierge class cabins, except perhaps the aft cabins.

Because 6145 can serve as an extra bedroom to the PH suite next door, the cabin has an upgraded appearance (dark wood paneling/marble in the bath). I think it's a bit larger than the other S1's. The bathroom is very large with a separate shower and tub and double sinks. You would also have the services of the butler.

One possible drawback to 6145 is that there is not a full sliding door to the balcony, there is a single door. Apparently this does not let in as much light.

If you do a search on the cabin numbers, you'll find some other threads discussing the pros and cons of these cabins, some have pictures. (Also search 6144/6146, they are the similar cabins on the starboard side).

My vote is for 6145. Lovely cabin. My brother was in 6129, which is also an S1, and his cabin was much narrower.

I was in the PH, and my neighbor in 6145 has a standing invitation to my "Veranda Events."

You will love the HUGE bathroom; two can get ready with no problem.

Good luck with your decision....

Hi fellow cruiser:)

I stayed in 6144 on Infinity. Millie's 6143 does not have as deep a cover, so there's either more rain or sun, unless they change it next year during the reno.

It will not be comfortable to have 9 people in 6143. 6145 is significantly larger, inside and out, it's just better to have more room to stand or sit when you have that many people.

Plus, you can make use of butler to serve a party in your cabin. 6145 has the same butler as Penthouse suite so you will have the cream of the crop. My butler on deck 8 on a recent Millie cruise was NOT up to par, which I wasn't surprised as they put the best on deck 6 aft where all the expensive suites are.

Thanks for the great feedback! We'll be on Summit, and it sounds like 6145 offers the most room of those two options. Do the aft CC cabins have balconies the same size as 6145?

All Aft C1 cabins on M-Class vessels have huge balconies. I'm talking one-car garage-size. Bigger and deeper than 6145, for sure.

I would strongly suggest the SS. Ive actually stayed in the same suite on Summit and it was by far the best SS, and suite overall that we have ever stayed in. The CC next door is nice, but just a narrow as the rest, albeit the balcony is longer and deeper because it is wedged between suites with bigger balconies, the width remains the same.

6146/45 are beautiful suites with lots of extra little perks to bring it up to the level of the PH suite next door. We did not find the balcony door to diminish the experience at all. The finishes and super large bathroom make it worth it on its own. The bathroom is bigger than some insides ive stayed in easily its THAT big. The whole thing was oversized, I especially loved the shower stall.

As an added perk, you get the best butler and room attendant on the ship.

For those who are gadgety like me, all the lights and cutrains are electronically controlled. Lots of fun!

All Aft C1 cabins on M-Class vessels have huge balconies. I'm talking one-car garage-size. Bigger and deeper than 6145, for sure.

Deeper for sure, but it is extra wide so the area may not be smaller than aft C1's.

6143 and 6145 share the same cabin attendant, indeed the top 2 on the ship ( one serving port side the other one starboard side)

It sounds like you may have made your decision, but just to throw this in for those who may be searching later:

We were in 6145 on the Millennium south from Alaska a few weeks ago. We had some good friends in 6143, so we had the opportunity to compare the two. Good heavens, if you have any option at all, take 6145! It is a much larger room, but what really sells it is the bathroom. The bathroom in 6143 is very compact, with a tiny shower. The bathroom in 6145 is enormous - double vanity, a bathtub, and a shower big enough for two people. Incidentally, the curtains were not electrically controlled in our cabin.

Our friends had three adults in 6143, and it was...tight. Very tight.

Incidentally, the balcony divider between 6143 and 6145 can be opened very easily. There may have been a time when it required a special tool, but that has since been replaced with a simple latch, as you can see here:

5837955872_bfbd7a10bc_m.jpg

5837956548_9833aec401_m.jpg

Here is a link to the full set of pictures that I took of room 6145.

I'm disappointed that I'll be missing out on such a fabulous cabin, but it now appears that sailing won't work for us, so we'll be on an S-class instead. Since our kids won't be in AQ, I'm not sure it's worth it, so I'll be researching the best CC on Silhouette. Thanks for the great input!

Archived