HAL-CC Hawaiian Cruise In Planning

RevNeal

S7S ... Heather ... I have no intention of "taking away" anyone's group or, in any way, competing with the Caribbean Group. Not at all! My thinking is simply that there may be some who would like to cruise in the Pacific rather than in the Caribbean. I also believe there are more than enough CCers to put together several cruises, let alone two. We may or may not have enough interested in going to Hawaii to put together a group-rate. We're about 1/3 or so of the way there, from what has been said above. That's not bad for a start.

Any others who want to put their names down as being interested, please feel free to do so! I don't see making any formal arrangements for another couple of months ... it's still a little over 19 months before this cruise, so we have plenty of time to let people make decisions and look at calendars and such.

Again, if we don't have enough for a group cruise we can all make our own bookings, coordinate here, and then meet aboard. If we DO have enough for a group booking, we'll examine our options. But, given how wonderful CC has been to give us the space, we should at least investigate options with LaruaS.

If anyone would like to e-mail me directly, you may do so here: revneal@aol.com

Greg, the date is perfect, the location is perfect, the port is perfect but I know I cannot be gone 15 days. I could possibly stretch to 10 days. How about a October Oosterdam? I know not near as exciting and exotic as Hawaii. Too bad HAL does not allow you to join the cruise in Hawaii and return to San Diego with the ship, kind of like a one way.

S7S ... Heather ... I have no intention of "taking away" anyone's group or, in any way, competing with the Caribbean Group.

I don't recall and cannot find anywhere that I suggested anything of the sort.

I don't care if there are 4 or fourteen groups. Why would I?

My posts must be unclear lately and easily misunderstood by some. I shall be more careful and take care that I do not confuse anyone with careless wording. Seems I am going to be called on everything I write, whether I have said something or not. Okay.....I'll be more precise and leave no room for confusion.

I hope everyone here finds the perfect cruise for their desires/needs and has a wonderful time. Good Luck. Hope you sell the ship out. Wouldn't that be something!!! :)

Greg, just to clear up! I was absolutely joking with you about your cruise taking people from our group! I thought I had worded my post so you'd know that:o . A 15 day Hawaiian cruise is a far cry away from a 7 day Caribbean. There's plenty of room for both plus the Alaskan cruise Tiff is trying to get together.

I was only puzzled by Himself's post about dust settling. That was all I was confused about.

I only wish I could join your cruise myself!! That's a cruise we plan someday ... just not yet. We're doing the 2 weeker this October so no way we could do another in 2006.

As I said before, 8 cabins and you're a group. So no reason you can't do it.:)

Perhaps I worded it wrong. If we go to the beginning and read Rev Neal's post he proposed this as an Alternative Cruise. My thoght was that when the dust settles maybe there will be more cruise critic members on the Hawaiian Cruise rather than on the Caribbean Cruise.

I think it's great that there are several group cruises brewing. Something for everyone ... Hawaii, Alaska and the Caribbean. They can all be "official."

If you look on the group cruises board, you'll see that many lines have multiple cruises going. In fact, I was kinda shocked that there were no HAL group cruises listed there.

I think it would be neat if just about all the regulars here were booked for one of them. Then at least everyone will get a chance to sail with some of their HAL buddies. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I just realized that I had inadvertantly ignored you.

How ... where .... when

LOL

I didn't notice anything like that. No worries babe.

Not booked yet, but doing so in the coming months.

Holding out for a good rate!

This will be a great cruise!

(Tiny bubbles.... in the wine)

:)

Oops .....

Almost forgot

I'm thinking of staying in SD for 2 days before we sail.

I did that for the Mexico cruise in Feb, and it's great to relax and stretch after a long flight.

If you're doing the same, let's grab a meal before we get on the ship. I might stay at the same place again (LaPensione)

but will be looking around for alternatives.

That Holiday Inn ALWAYS seems to be sold out each time I wanna book a room there. But so far LaPen will be my 1st choice.

So let's start thinking Hawaii!

Catch ya soon

:)

Sail, I'm sorry if I upset you. I should have separated out my post to Heather from my post to you.

I don't think any of us appreciate having someone 'put words in their mouth' that they never said.

Thanks for your message, Greg. No problem.

I don't think any of us appreciate having someone 'put words in their mouth' that they never said.

I never put any words into your mouth, or claimed you said anything ... I simply responded to Heather's jesting remarks and, since you had expressed question as to what Himself meant when he said that the "unofficial cc criuse" might draw more "cc ers" than the official one, I included you in my remarks. I'm sorry if you interpreted that as me trying to put words into your mouth ... such was not my intention. Now I REALLY wish I had separated out my response to each.

The agency that contracts protestant chaplains has a nice long waiting list ... but I'm trying. We'll see what happens. :D

Well, if you're onboard, Rev, you can rest assured I'll be in attendance for all of your services! Well, at least those on sea days anyway. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I just looked at the post for the HAL CCer Cruise in the Caribbean. I notice that so far their are 20 for the Eastern Caribbean. I was wondering how many their are for the "alternate" being proposed by Rev. Greg Neal and Vic the Parrot.

Rev. How many? Do you know? Let's see a show of hands!

Those heading to Hawaii with Rev. Neal, please stand.

Himself

Himself, I have posted a reply to you on the Caribbean thread as well. The Caribbean Group Cruise poll was closed last week and the 10/29/06 cruise was selected. We have +20 cabins at this point. We have already contacted LauraS and are well on our way.

I also made a point of posting on the Caribbean thread that this cruise as well as an Alaskan cruise are being suggested just in case anyone wants to switch over. So there's a cruise for everyone.

I'm not quite sure why you see this a contest because there are plenty of people to do all 3 cruises. There will be no "winner". People should just book the cruise they want to go on. I would have preferred Greg's cruise personally, but sadly we just can't afford in 2006.

If we're all succesful with our cruises, this could be the start of frequent group cruises with all our friends. I'm proud to be a part of that.

Oh no RevNeal.........I'm almost afraid to post and say I think I'm interested in your Hawaii cruise (lol). Would love to get some particulars before "yes" straight up, so as soon as tax season is over and I get back from the Maasdam voyage, I'll be doing some research. I love the 15 days and if the price is right I think it will be a go!

Thanks again for your emails on all my questions about the Maasdam.

I've done an accounting of where the list of those who are either definite or at least curious stands. I'll list by cabin, with number in cabin known):

Greg (1)

Vic (1)

longtimecruiser (1 or 2?)

grannynurse (2)

cuttle (2)

boards (2)

iluvcruzin (1 or 2?)

2forTravelin (2)

getaway101 (1 or 2?)

That's our start. Again, these are people who are either definitely interested or are at least tentatively curious as to finding out more about the what the cost might be.

If any of the above who are either interested or definitely set on going want to qualify how many in their cabin, I'd like to get that clear.

Also, if any others what to indicate if they're at least interested in the date/itinerary, please feel free to post below. I would hope we'll keep collecting names for the group well into May before we start trying to lock down prices, etc. And, of course, I would imagine that people can join us much later ... after we've go the group actually established with rates, etc.

After Easter I'll do a little research and see what the price ranges look like so that we can have a ball-park figure with which to work. If we have enough to go for a group rate (and its starting to look like that might be the case), that will a bench-mark for comparison. I can't do any research on this during Holy Week, however ... after today things get BUSY.

Archived