Smoking Policy

stephenandrew

I was pursuing the Princess Boards and saw that Princess will be implementing a new more restricitve smoking policy in January, that prohibits smoking in staterooms. I have sailed Princess a few times, and as a non-smoker, have always been amazed at the manner in which Princess has been able to rid a room of the oder of smoke. I cannot recall feeling like I was in a cabin that had been smoked in when I sailed Princess.

Anyway, all this made me wonder--what is the smoking policy on Paul Gauguin? Can you smoke in the staterooms or on balconies? Just certain parts of the ship? If so, does PG have the same "magic" cleaner that Princess uses to eliminate that "just smoked in" scent from cabins?

Thanks!

As per the Paul Gauguin "Welcome On Board" magazine, "Cigarette smoking is not permitted in any enclosed dining area or lounge, whether it be the ship's main dining rooms or the alternate dining venues." / "...smoking is prohibited in all staterooms, suites and balconies aboard the m/s Paul Gauguin." / "Pipe smoking in open deck areas is considered an extreme fire hazard and is not permitted anywhere aboard the m/s Paul Gauguin. Cigar smoking is only permitted in the designated area of the Pool Deck." / "Other than open deck areas (Deck 5 port and starboard side and Bar du Soleil starboard side), the following are the only public rooms or areas where cigarette smoking is now permitted: La Palette (outside starboard side), Pool Deck (starboard side)."

Archived