Royal Family Suites...........

I don't know, maybe I'm naive about this...... It's almost impossible to price shop a Family Suite (if you can find availability) but are the prices usually higher per person in the Family Suite than any other suite on the ship? I just cancelled my Enchantment January 06 cruise because I couldn't get over the $5,500 price (cruise only) for 5 people in Family Suite for 5 nights. I really thought the price seemed steep for this cruise. Am I being unreasonable with my expectations on price?

I don't know...would it be cheaper for you to get two cabins...or is it the fact that you want small children in the cabin with you? Sometimes a regular balcony and an inside across the passageway can be cheaper.

We have the Royal Family Suite booked for October 2005 7 night sailing on the Mariner of the Seas....we have 5 people in the cabin and the price per person is $1,116.00. If we can come up with a 6th person in the cabin, the rate would we $1,012.00 per person.

We had the same cabin last November on the Mariner and the price was basically the same. We had 5 in the cabin in November and the price per person was just under $1,200.

This price based on 5 or more in the cabin is comparable to the average rate for 2 people in a D-2 Balcony cabin. The rate for 2 in the D-2 balcony cabin is between $1,000 and $1,200 depending on how far out you book.

So, by putting 5 in the RFS, we have much more "living space" and a HUGE balcony for the same rate we would pay per person for a D-2 balcony cabin.

(Of course we are all single friends traveling together...so the rate per person is not bad....we probably wouldn't pay the rate for the RFS if we were one family paying the full rate out of the same household)

You might have better luck going out of Galveston TX. on the Rhapsody. I just booked a RFS for Oct. 2005 and the total cost for 5 including fees and taxes is $3960.00. I've never booked a suite though and am curious if anyone has been in one of these on the Rhapsody. I do know there are two bathrooms, one with a shower, the other a tub. Can anybody give me any info? Thanks!

wow even with the amenties I wouldn't want to share one bathroom.

If you are referring to the Royal Family Suites, they have two bathrooms as well as two bedrooms (one for the parents and one set up for kids with beds that can be converted for adults as well).

beachchick

You might have better luck going out of Galveston TX. on the Rhapsody. I just booked a RFS for Oct. 2005 and the total cost for 5 including fees and taxes is $3960.00. I've never booked a suite though and am curious if anyone has been in one of these on the Rhapsody. I do know there are two bathrooms, one with a shower, the other a tub. Can anybody give me any info? Thanks!

That's what I figured it should be. The total for Enchantment for five was $5500 for five but now I'm gonna look into Rhapsody from Galveston. $3960 seems more like my speed. Thanks for the idea.

Archived