3 kids all different ages going on Carnival Magic to Med Aug 2011

lorry 1966

first time on a cruise for the whole family. Can the kids ages 10, 14, 16 stay together or do they have to stay in their own club rooms. they are all very shy and find making friends difficult. my daughter is probably ok she is the youngest and will talk if someone talks to her. but the boys are very shy.

is their somewhere i can find out who else is going on the same dates as myself. maybe i could make contact before we arrive.

You probably want to ask this on the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

You will have other questions, I am sure. That would be the place to research and ask.

As to where to meet others on your cruise, that is done on the Roll Call board, here is yours:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=626

You don't say when you are going and this will make a big difference on the number of other kids on board. The 10yo will be in Camp Carnival. It's very active and pretty fun if she'll just join in. Be sure to go the 1st night so she can connect with other kids right off the bat. The older two are also in different groups. The best bet for them to hang out together is to not go to their own programs because they will not combine them. The age breaks are 12-14 & 15-17 and they are very strict about the ages. Most teens will hang out in groups and roam the ship, and they would be able to do this together. The biggest problem is I don't think I'd want my 14yo hanging out with other kids that are much older but that's just me.

thanks Gordanchick i will definately take them to the role call on the first night. i am travelling on the 14th Aug 2011 it is the British school holidays, I live in London. this is the first cruise for the whole family and we are really looking forward to it.

i just want the kids to be a bit more independent and not want to be next to us for the whole cruise. the boys are more likely to do this together and they are both very sensible, sometimes too much. i want them to enjoy it and want to do it again.

Archived