Copenhagen - HELP!

Hi All! I've been scouring the boards, web and guidebooks, but still have not solidified plans for our upcoming trip (Copenhagen to Stockholm) - 2 adults + 1 teen. We fly out on 6/25?! Yikes....

Few questions:

* We arrive mid-afternoon on KLM into CPH and are staying at The Square Hotel. We like mass transit and didn't know if we should take the train or metro. Thoughts? I think the train looks closer, but not sure, plus the metro runs more frequently.

* We are in CPH for 2 days - tips for good, yet relatively moderate food? Looking online, I realize everything is above even high US prices. Not looking to do food carts and such, but not wanting to spend $200/person for a dinner. We will have 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch in the city..

* What is the best way to get from The Square to the dock? We are sailing on Regent and I think we embark at Langelinie... Again, mass transit is okay - appreciate the economy of it and don't mind hauling luggage ;)

we also stayed at Square,,and large renovation project across street,,with jackhammers,,etc...very loud and lots of traffic conjestion...sorry.

We took HOHO bus,,right at Tourist office,,,saw all the sights,took canal tour,,etc..for $33.00...plus pay at certain stops ..like canal or museum entrances,,but very easy and convenient.

We took taxi,,only about $20.00 to pier,,and much easier than lugging things to ship..plus the Metro is what they re fixing in front of hotel,,so a long walk,,I think

About restaurants,,if you do stay at Square,,wonderful,,not too expensive Italian rest,right across from main entrance..called Vesuvio,,I think...on corner...all in all,,,had good time,,nice ,interesting city....PS..we stayed at Stay Copenhagen hotel on last day,,out of city center,but on canal,,very large and only $280...for apartment...with kitchen,laundry in room,,etc...saved money by buying some groceries in store below....;)

The central station (København H) is way closer to the hotel so the Metro is not a option.

If you eat at the Mediterraneanmiddle eastern buffet restaurantsa or pizzarias you can save some money.

There is a restaurant called Ankara on 2 adresses on Vesterbrogade that has a buffet for 79 DKK.

http://www.ankararestaurant.dk/

Sultan Palace is located halfway up on strøget pedestrianm street and has buffets for 99 DKK

Jensens Bøfhus could also be a possibility

http://www.jensens.com/

You are docked at Langelinie so you can just take bus number 26 to Langelinie pier (Indiakaj a few 100 meters before langeliniekaj on weekends)

You hotel is located between Vesterbrogade and Jernbanegade so you do not have a long way to the bus stop.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/rådhuspladsen_dag.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I differ with alexandra cruiser regarding The Square. We stayed there for two nights pre-cruise, June 9 and 10, and enjoyed our stay there very much. We simply wrote an email one week earlier and requested a quiet room on the side street on a high floor, and not only did we have no noise at all, we were upgraded one room category on arrival. The location is excellent, and the breakfast is superb. Simply take the train from the airport, much closer than the metro. We took a taxi to the docks because we were boarding on a Saturday, when Bus 26 does not run to Langelinie.

Archived