Finally I'm an Owner!! Yay!!

I just email proof of stock and the OBC is always applied. Some years (like this one) we'll get $500 back in OBC plus the $100 stock dividend. It's the only stock we own and we only bought it for the OBCs since we cruise so often. It's been a really good investment for us.

Please tell me more about this!!!

I have no issues with dropping $ on 100 shares. I use TDAmertrade. What do I use as proof and who do I fax to? I'm cruising in august and December. $200 OBC is a welcome deal!!! So please tell me the details.

Do other cruise companies have a similar OBC for stock ownership?

Is there a minimum number of shares you have to own to qualify for the OBC and dividends?

CCL stock applies to all cruiselines in Carnival's parent company, Carnival, HAL, Princess, etc.

You have to own a minimum of 100 shares for the obc but not to receive a yearly dividend.

All, here is the web site where Shareholder benefits are discussed:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9ODQyMTd8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

You must own 100 shares of CCL (Carnival Cruise Line stock symbol) and you must send a copy of your statement showing ownership to Carnival. This needs to be done at least 2 weeks prior to departure.

CCL closed today at $35.27. Its 52 week high was $48.14 and its 52 week low is $29.68. CCL pays dividends quarterly and paid out the following amounts over the past year: .25/10 Jun 11, .25/11 Mar 11, .10/10 Dec 10, and .10/10 Sep 10. You would get $70 per 100 shares held over the past year. It is unknown at the moment what the dividend will be going forward. CCL paid out much higher dividends from 2005-2008 at between .25 and .40/per share. In early 2010, they dropped the dividend to .10/share. If earnings keep going up, maybe the dividend will be .25 or better per share. CCLs current dividend yeild is about 2.88%. There are currently 16 Analysts who cover CCL, 12 rate CCL a Strong Buy, 2 rate CCL as a Moderate Buy, and 2 rate CCL as a Hold. CCL hit its high in early 2011 and has been drifting lower since.

You can buy CCL at most any online or brick/mortar brokerage. I am not a stock broker, but would recommend you do your own due diligence to make sure you really want to own the stock. The $$$s you get in OBC is a great benefit, but hopefully isn't the only reason you want the stock. Though, with todays economy, getting paid to hold onto a stock can help with the ups/downs of the market. If you cruise Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Seabourne, or Costa Cruises, then this OBC applies. Go to the above web site for further breakdown.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Garion33

Congradulations I bought mine several years ago in the $37 rangs and have received almost a third of my money back in OBC..And have 2 Carnival and 1 princess currently booked...Any cruise of 14 days or longer you get $200 ....Dennis

I'm still kicking myself for not buying at $15 in late 2008. :D

IMHO it's not worth it at the current price. Maybe after this double-dip occurs it will get down there again...

I luckily did and cashed out a couple days ago

I luckily did and cashed out a couple days ago

I was greedy and thought it would go to $10. I really kick myself because I could have bought 200 shares at $15 and sold 100 of them north of $30 and essentially had a $0 investment. Further with the OBC and dividends, I'd be ahead by ~$600 plus any profit.

Hindsight is 20/20. There is no way I buy it above $30 though.

Archived