Finally I'm an Owner!! Yay!!

You bought it at the right time

I looked up the history and saw that June and August seem to be their low ebb each year. ;) I wish I had the $$ to buy it when the doodoo hit the fan and all the stocks were ridiculously low, but sadly, I didn't. After a few cruises maybe it will pay me back!:D

I'm still kicking myself for not buying at $15 in late 2008. :D

IMHO it's not worth it at the current price. Maybe after this double-dip occurs it will get down there again...

No offense, but I sure do hope not! :eek:

I look at it this way, after 35 cruises - it will have paid itself off! :D More incentive to cruise!!! :p

Buy 100 shares of Carnival stock. You get a $100 OBC when you fax in your proof of ownership.

FYI Late June and Late August are the best times to buy Carnival.

Late June and August eh? Where did you figure out this tidbit, oh maven of the commodity world?

No offense, but I sure do hope not! :eek:

I look at it this way, after 35 cruises - it will have paid itself off! :D More incentive to cruise!!! :p

Are you saying you get an OBO every time you sail with them, or is it just a one-time deal?

It also pays a dividend. If you buy 100 shares today at the closing price ($35.27) and take one 7 day cruise a year you would be getting a $100 dividend and a $100 (taxfree!) on-board-credit. That is an annual return of 5.67%. Not great, but not bad. Better than what you get on a one year CD (1.25% if you are lucky).

I can sure use some guidance here.

I want to buy Carnival stock but do not know how to go about doing so. Did you use an online trader like ING, scottrade, or eTrader? Not being nosy, I promise, just asking for help.

Thanks.

No problem! You can use any of the online traders, but check if there are any fees, etc. involved. I chose TDAmeritrade and have been happy with it.

I just bought 100 shares yesterday. Seemed like a good buy. I looked at the history and decided it was a good time.I didn't know others knew of this cyclical trend. Any way, that's a bunch of DOD's in my future. at that price, it was a no brainer.

Opps that reminds me I must send in for my OBC for the cruise I just booked.

I had the stock for years before I started cruising, it took my second or third cruise to apply for the OBC.

I must say its alot easier now then years ago to apply and have it credited.

I will be going on my 13th Carnival cruise this summer.

I can sure use some guidance here.

I want to buy Carnival stock but do not know how to go about doing so. Did you use an online trader like ING, scottrade, or eTrader? Not being nosy, I promise, just asking for help.

Thanks.

My employer has a company that services our retirement accounts (for a fee of course) so I am fortunate, all I had to do was call and say "buy these for me." I wish I could be more help, but for the most part, I am totally investment illiterate! :rolleyes:

I just bought 100 shares yesterday. Seemed like a good buy. I looked at the history and decided it was a good time.I didn't know others knew of this cyclical trend. Any way, that's a bunch of DOD's in my future. at that price, it was a no brainer.

Great minds think alike!;)

Archived