Dunns River Falls - lockers

cmax

We've never been to the falls and I'm wondering what to do with our stuff. We bought a water camera that we'll take on the falls with us but would also like to have our regular camera, hubby's wallet, etc. Are there lockers? Do you come back to where you start from? We're doing a Peat Taylor tour and just trying to figure out what to bring with us.

Thanks!!

There are lockers - a small fee to rent one, and you get part of the money back when you return the key. DH had to walk back down the path to get to our locker, as you end up above where the lockers are, but it's not very far.

Peat or his brother agreed to take me to Dunns Falls and stood me up. Said he was in ocho rios and I was in montego bay, I should recruit more people and come find him if I still wanted to go.

I would not recommend either of them after this. .. All the hanger oners at the port trying to pick me up and making suggestive remarks .. asking one of them if they knew peat .. yep... one did finally call him for me.

Find someone more dependable.

When we did Dunn River Falls the bus driver stayed in the bus the whole time watching our stuff. I wouldn't leave anything extremely valuable but we left our regular camera in our bag and our towel/clothes on the bus. Lots of swim trunks have waterproof pockets these days so that's where we kept our cash and credit card.

sorry but i wouldnt leave anything in them lockers they look so easy to brake into and there is alot of dodgy people around dunns river falls,we hated it and wouldnt even get off the ship if we ever went to jamaica again,my hubby and his friend looked after mine and my friends stuff cause didnt like the look of the lockers and he dont like water any way so didnt want to climb falls.

We've never been to the falls and I'm wondering what to do with our stuff. We bought a water camera that we'll take on the falls with us but would also like to have our regular camera, hubby's wallet, etc. Are there lockers? Do you come back to where you start from? We're doing a Peat Taylor tour and just trying to figure out what to bring with us.

Thanks!!

We kept our stuff in the lockers and everything was fine. We did, however, get jipped in the actual waterfall walking department. Just FYI, there are people to take you on tours there, and there are people who say they will be your tour guide. If possible, go with the people clearly marked to take you on the tour. We decided to be cheap and buy one of the guys that was just trying to make some cash. The tour was wonderful. He took amazing pictures (and didn't steal our camera) that we still love to this day. Nothing was out of place or upsetting...until...we decided to go check out the falls again just in case we wanted to go on the tour one more time. That's when we realized that he started us on our tour halfway up the falls. The tour actually starts down on the beach. He lead us to a small opening where we were able to climb into the falls and walk up from there. Needless to say we were a little disappointed that we missed some of the falls. Our fault for being cheapos. Just something to consider.

We have done Dunn's River Falls THREE times and all with Peat Taylor. He is an awesome guide. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. He is based out of Ocho Rios so please don't blame him for not doing your excursion. Mo Bay is quite a ways away.

Peat also kept the shady locals at arms length for us. He even told us to have the guide selling DVD's of our climb come to his van to confirm we were not buying a blank DVD.

Archived