Am I the only one who doesn't care about Moderno?

gail-s

DS highly recommended Moderno. He loved it! Now DS#2 wouldn't be interested but he's vegetarian so he doesn't know what he's missing. I cannot wait to go try Moderno as I'm a true carnivore! Mmmmm, beef!

They tell me they LOVE the salad bar in these places!

We ended up trying it and thought it was great! We had different choices of desert than was on the menu posted. It was mango cream (yummy), papaya rice pudding and coconut flan. They do save the best cut of beef for last. I tried everything (well almost). I don't care for sausage so I passed on the linguica and chorizo. My Portuguese DH said it wasn't real Portuguese linguica (haha). The salad bar was incredible. You will not go away hungry! We went early and finished just about when the music started, which was quite loud and annoying. I'm glad we finished eating before the music started as it probably would have made talking a little hard.

Nope, not the only one. I don't care to try it and didn't last year on the Epic either.

I do eat meat. I'm not a vegetarian. But I can say that I don't like steak. I could chew a piece of steak for an hour and not be able to swallow it. I don't know why. :confused:

So, I'll stick to places like Teppanyaki (sp?) and the buffet line. That way I can eat what I want and as much as I want. :D

There's a lot more then just steak!Chicken, ribs a great salad bar etc.

Beware of the post meal "meat coma". I have picture of my brother somewhere suffering from this. :D

This was totally me after that dinner. It was CRAZY! I think there may have been a deck party too that night at Spice H2O. My goodness... I felt I was giving birth out of my stomach because I'd eaten so much. Dancing was a bit awkward... definitely made me realize I had over eaten and probably sped up my likelihood for prostate cancer! :( But it tasted so good! :D

Yeah, I'm with you.. We have them here, but the whole idea is just gross to me.. People walking around with lots of meat and they slice some off and give it to whoever wants it, GROSS!!!! Went to one once, but we were so grossed out that we walked out before eating.. But then again, I don't get the Teppanyki place either?? The $25 upcharge is ridiculous and not worth it to us.. I eat in the best ones in Atlanta for close to $25 so I'm not going to pay thousands on a cruise that includes my food and then pay them another $25 for some dude cooking in front of me.. Hoping the Italian has gotten better, it was very blah when we were on the Pearl..

I'm sad that there is no Mambo's.. Mexican is my absolute fave food and being able to get it on the cruise was awesome..

Regardless, the worst food on the Pearl was 10X better than anything on Disney, except Palo, so I can just avoid the places I don't want to go..

Beware of the post meal "meat coma". I have picture of my brother somewhere suffering from this. :D

Then there is the 2 am heart burn. At least that's what happened to me, probably because it was way too much food. :D

The nice thing about NCL having different restaurants is that there seems to be something for everyone. I know everyone says that Moderno has a great salad bar, but, the $$ for a great salad bar wouldn't cut it for me. DH and I both eat a variety of meat (believe me, he hunts, DD has been known to tell people we're having Bambi for dinner :eek: it was funny when she was 3) We'll probably go to Cagney's and possibly for sushi. We've got a few good Japanese restaurants around here so we might skip the teppanyki. We'll see how the week goes. We're travelling with my parents too.

I'm seeing all these posts where people can't wait to try Moderno and I keep thinking :confused: I eat meat, I'm not a vegetarian, I love food, but I just don't see the draw. I'm starting to think I'm the only one. I honestly was looking forward to the Tapas Bar and was a bit bummed that they took it off the Dawn. I know, different strokes for different folks. Some people hate seafood and I could eat it daily. I refuse to step food in an Italian restaurant and others only go out to Italian. It's what makes the restaurant business thrive that people like different things. I'm just hoping that so many people are trying Moderno that we have no problem making reservations at Cagney's or somewhere else :rolleyes:

I love tapa bars as well, but Modernos sounds so exciting and fun. I love Bazilian steak houses so we are looking forward to The Sun in Feb. For those who are not meat lovers it probably would be a huge waste of money, to us, $25 is nothing compared to what you pay on land for a similar dining experience.

NIta

Archived