Another question about flight timing

benelana

We are coming back to Port Everglades on January 5, 2012. Would we be able to make a flight from FLL at 10:45?

Thanks for your help.

No one can tell you for sure that you will make a 10:45 flight. You should be ok, but a delay getting off the ship will put you behind schedule so you never can tell. You have to be at the airport one hour before your flight so that would be 9:45...doable if everything goes smoothly.

Even with one other ship, you can never be certain what a day at FLL will bring you. I would self-disembark and be in a cab ready to go to the airport as soon as possible. You can probably check in 2 to 4 hours prior to your flight, get yourselves through security, and then relax once you've made it. But generally on these boards, you'll see most of us don't recommend a flight before 11 am or so. You just never know.

Fort Lauderdale airport is very busy with business and pleasure travel. It was very busy before there were many cruise ships. However, you will probably be able to make your 10:45 flight with time to spare if your disembarkation goes normally. If you choose not to do self-disembarkation and are unhappy with the time you are given to disembark, speak with the pursar's desk to get a better time. You should have a disemabarkation time of no later than 8:15.

I booked a 10:45 a.m. flight for our return on Sun 11/13 - tonight in fact. First time I've ever booked that early, but decided I'd take my chances. We are Platinum members on Carnival and have (literally) been the very first people off of the ship on past cruises. Our home port is N.O. and a couple of cruises ago we were HOME at 8:05 a.m. We disembarked the ship, picked up our luggage, went thru customs and drove 35 minutes to get home. 8:05a.m. we pulled into the driveway. It was almost unbelievable.

The airport is 10 minutes away and barring any unexpected delays (and I understand that), we'll not have a problem. I also paid for Early Bird on SW so we'll be in the Group A to board the ship.

Good Luck.

Kathy

Archived