Question regarding car rental from Sea-Tac to Smith Cove

Psoque

Hi. We are taking our first Alaska cruise from Seattle this summer. Does anybody know if it is possible for us to do a one-way car rental from Sea-Tac airport to the Smith Cove cruise ship terminal. We are arriving one day before the cruise, and would like to explore the Seattle area before we board the ship. Thanks.

According to the Port's web site there is a kiosk for National/Alamo at pier 91. That sounds like the cars aren't held at the pier. Perhaps an employee will shuttle you into town to pick up the car?? So probably the same in the other direction. If there's a specific company you want to use because you have points or whatever, I'd suggest you call and find out what they can do for you regarding pier 91. Otherwise call the National or Alamo numbers provided by the Port.

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml#rental

Do you need a car because you're travelling outside of Seattle. I just wanted to mention that buses are free in the downtown core. And the bus system has a trip planner on it's site. More info is available on the West Coast Departure forum in the Seattle Q&A STICKY at the top of the page.

According to the Port's web site there is a kiosk for National/Alamo at pier 91. That sounds like the cars aren't held at the pier. Perhaps an employee will shuttle you into town to pick up the car?? So probably the same in the other direction. If there's a specific company you want to use because you have points or whatever, I'd suggest you call and find out what they can do for you regarding pier 91. Otherwise call the National or Alamo numbers provided by the Port.

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml#rental

Do you need a car because you're travelling outside of Seattle. I just wanted to mention that buses are free in the downtown core. And the bus system has a trip planner on it's site. More info is available on the West Coast Departure forum in the Seattle Q&A STICKY at the top of the page.

Thanks for your info. I also saw the information about Alamo and National on the Port of Seattle website. But when I went to their websites, there was no information on their reservation section to choose Smith Cove/Pier 91 as a location. I tried to call them, but I was on hold for a long time so I will try again.

We just want to have a car overnight, so that we can

a) drive from the airport to our hotel in downtown Seattle with our luggage.

b) do some sight seeing, maybe as far as Bellevue area for gardens

c) drive to the pier and drop off the car

Thanks

I was curious to see if there were cars or just a kiosk at the pier so I called National at Seatac Airport (206) 433-5501 ext 2)

The agent said NO CARS at the pier, just a kiosk. If you rent at the airport you would drop off the car downtown at their 6th Ave location, and they will shuttle you to the pier.

• 5 years later...
Hi. We are taking our first Alaska cruise from Seattle this summer. Does anybody know if it is possible for us to do a one-way car rental from Sea-Tac airport to the Smith Cove cruise ship terminal. We are arriving one day before the cruise, and would like to explore the Seattle area before we board the ship. Thanks.

We're from Indy and are wondering how your car rental from SeaTac to the pier went back in 2011. We're planning on doing that on our Alaskan cruise later this summer. Did it work out OK? Did you have to drop the car at a downtown rental location and be shuttled to the pier? Did you have to wait for the shuttle bus to fill up before you left for the pier? Thanks in advance.