Iron

cperk97

I understand that you are not allowed to bring irons on the ship. What I would like to do the first day on the ship is request an iron from the cabin stewart so I can iron all our clothes that need it and then put everything away for the week and return it to him/her after I am done. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I am even willing to "tip" with a international calling card in order to get an iron for an hour or so. Thanks so much in advance!

Jo Anne

I understand that you are not allowed to bring irons on the ship. What I would like to do the first day on the ship is request an iron from the cabin stewart so I can iron all our clothes that need it and then put everything away for the week and return it to him/her after I am done. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I am even willing to "tip" with a international calling card in order to get an iron for an hour or so. Thanks so much in advance!

Jo Anne

I don't know for sure, but you gotta love a woman that is worried about doing the ironing on vacation. When are you crusing? If I book the same cruise will you do my ironing, too?

PS...I think you can get an iron from the Purser's Desk if you don't want to wait on the cabin steward.

You can get one brought to you but personally I absolutely refuse to iron when I'm on vacation! (brings back memories of way too many saturday mornings as a kid - it was my job to do the ironing when I wanted to be outside playing).:( I just take advantage of the 1st day special for ironing as it is worth it to me and they do a good job.;)

Doesn't require anything special other than to ask for one. Do it early and give it back as soon as your done. If you want to give the steward a little tip, I'm sure they will appreciate it. It's a very common request. They are in limited supply.

I don't know for sure, but you gotta love a woman that is worried about doing the ironing on vacation. When are you crusing? If I book the same cruise will you do my ironing, too?

PS...I think you can get an iron from the Purser's Desk if you don't want to wait on the cabin steward.

I am cruising Sept 3rd on the Jewel. For a small fee I will do yours too! :)

I look at it this way, I can take an hour while hubby has the girls at the pool get it done put it away and not have to worry the rest of the week. I am a stay at home mom so to have a few minutes to myself even if I am ironing will be wonderful. And to be on a cruise ship will be even better. This is not our first cruise and I have learned lots about how much to bring with me, I just have not mastered the whole packing thing to not have wrinkled clothes by the time we get to the ship.

Thanks so much for you help!

Jo Anne

pack in dry-cleaning bags...little to no wrinkles!!

its a shame to spend hrs of the start of your cruising ironing:(

Don't feel bad for me. It was my idea to do it and get it done and over with. My husband even said to me, I would feel bad leaving you in the cabin to iron while we are at the pool having fun. I told him I would much rather eat lunch together let them go to the pool and go do the ironing in peace and quite and get it all done so I don't have to miss anything going once we leave port.

Jo Anne

I am cruising Sept 3rd on the Jewel. For a small fee I will do yours too! :)

I look at it this way, I can take an hour while hubby has the girls at the pool get it done put it away and not have to worry the rest of the week. I am a stay at home mom so to have a few minutes to myself even if I am ironing will be wonderful. And to be on a cruise ship will be even better. This is not our first cruise and I have learned lots about how much to bring with me, I just have not mastered the whole packing thing to not have wrinkled clothes by the time we get to the ship.

Thanks so much for you help!

Jo Anne

I roll up my slacks and they don't get wrinkled. Give it a try.

Yes, as stated above, just ask your steward for an iron and ironing board. But be aware, they check back with you if they think you've had it too long. They keep a close watch on those irons, which they consider "contraband" if found in your luggage.

Archived