When going to Grand Turk....

pampaul

Well I haven't been there either, BUT I am a beach baby and will take salt water over chlorinated pool water any day.

I plan on walking half way between Jack's Shack and the terminal pier. (That's the plan, we'll see how it goes when we actually get on land). :D

We LOVED the beach at Grand Turk. The snorkeling was great (especially for DS8) and the water was so clear- it was really amazing. If you click on the review in my signature I have pics of both the beach and the pool. Have a great time no matter which you choose!

do you prefer going on the beach or using the pool? We've never been and DH is looking at using the pool instead of the beach. What's your fave?

You can use both, especially if you sit near the pool closer to the beach. We've been there more than once, the last time was a few weeks ago and the ocean water was a bit cold for us, so we spent more time in the pool which was warmer. Either way, you'll have a good time there!

I prefer the beach, mainly because the pool area gets pretty crowded and noisy...it's a real party atmosphere with a DJ and all. Just depends what you like. We walk up to Jack's Shack...it's a bit of a hike, but well worth it. The beach is much nicer up there, there aren't many people and Jack & his wife make excellent drinks! They also have a phenomenal dog named Topher....he is great!:D If you want to explore that possibility, when you get off the ship, take a left and walk up the beach. There is a red flag that says Jack's Shack...you may also see some of his diving boats...Oasis Divers.

We love GT!:)

The sea is absolutely fabulous and it is fun bobbing in the salt water. And the pool is refreshing. The pool is not deep, only waist high so you won't spend much time in there. It is enjoyable going to both areas. I like having a lounge chair under a palm tree.

All good answers .

Best bet is the pool and beach area right at the pier.

Jack's shack is very small and the price is quite a bit higher than it use to be, still love the place.

Hurricane Ike still shows it's mark on the island :(

My answer would be BOTH!!!

POOL for how nice it is to walk along the bottom of the pool and you can ejoy the entertainment at M'ville...

BEACH--walking in the water is not easy as most parts of the beach area are rocky and not the same level. This means you need to walk carefully and when the water is deep enough swim out to where you want to go. Snorkeling off of the beach is so easy and fish are all around you!!!!! The fish can be seen in as little as four feet of water and gets better as you get deeper..

You can also do yourself a favour and walk along the beach to Jack's Shack. Many cruise ship passengers find there way there for cheaper drinks (a heck of a lot cheaper!) and to hang out. I am not sure how the ground is when you go in the water there it is sandy or rocky. It takes a few to walk there and you have to pass two areas (one is a geared as acrew bar and has a Canadian flag *BG*). Jack's Shack is not far from it..just look for the beach volleyball net and you'll see it!!!!

You'll get great shots of the ship docked from Jack's Shack *BG* or both ships if there are two....

Anyone who does like dogs be warned, Jack's Shack has a resident dog. He is a big white curly haired terrier and is really friendly...he took a liking to me before he decided to go swimming again.....

Do yourself a favor and take a taxi to The Sand Bar. It's a private beach with the best couch! We had the beach by ourselves for hours. Then go back to the port for pool time. You won't regret going to the Sand Bar...well worth it!!

... step lightly when you first enter the water. It's deceiving; the sand looks to be soft, but then you step down on hard bedrock. It's better as you move into the water and get your footing, but the shoreline is alittle rough at first.

For our trip in Sept, we plan on trying both. Stop off at M'Ville to check out the pool...go up to Jacks to eat and drink..I hear the prices are less than M'Ville and the jerk chicken is great!

Last Aug, we hung out at M'Ville while waiting for an excursion, swam in the pool, ordered a drink...

We did all three...carnivals beach area first, then walked down to Jack's Shack for a drink, and then went to the pool for remainder of the day. We were kid-free on this particular cruise and Margaritaville was a great party!! Beware though, it cost us $22 for one mixed drink in a 12oz cup and 1 beer :mad:...Jack's shack was cheaper but not a whole lot. It depends on what kind of day you're looking to have. Jack's is relaxing and kinda low key while Margaritaville was crazy, loud, and fun! We loved GT...one of our fave ports thus far!

Archived