Cagney's Lunch vs Dinner

Julma

We will be in suite for our Nov. cruise on the Pearl. Since we will be able to have lunch at Cagney's, should we plan on skipping dinner there and heading to other specialty restaurants or is the experience at Cagney's much different at dinner?

We will be in suite for our Nov. cruise on the Pearl. Since we will be able to have lunch at Cagney's, should we plan on skipping dinner there and heading to other specialty restaurants or is the experience at Cagney's much different at dinner?

They have awsome prime rib at dinner.

Is there a dress code in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch? If my boys were in dry bathing suits with t-shirts, for example, would that be okay or would we have to change?

I am unsure if there is an 'official' policy, but I assume a dry bathing suit and t-shirt (and footware of some sort) should be fine. If I recall correctly from our previous two cruises, people wore a range of things.

Re: The earlier poster's question about the possibility of skipping Cagney's for dinner because of having lunch there...In addition to different food choices, the location is different (at least it was in our experiences on the Jewel, which should be the same layout as the Pearl). Cagney's has two sections, and breakfast and lunch were served in the section directly attached to the Star Bar (you walk through the bar to get there), whereas dinner was served in the section across the hall from the entrance to the Star Bar (at times, we did see people eating dinner in the section where they serve breakfast/lunch, but these appeared to be either because of overflow or special gatherings).

On the Gem in May we ate B/L in the larger area of Cagneys across from the Star Bar. The dinner shrimp cocktail is the same as the lunch except you get an additional shrimp. The fries are the same served in the cone. The meat on the dinner meu is more exensive but the steak and eggs for breakfast and the lunch steak were the same as the dinner steak although in smaller portions.

We did not eat dinner in Cagneys this trip but ate in Le Bistro twice and enjoyed the ambience and the food.

The dress code for B|L was a step above the buffet but kids can surely come in dry swimshorts with shirts and shoes. We usually wore shorts and tops over our swimsuit and saw most people similarly dressed.

No dress code for lunch

But there is a huge difference for lunch and dinner. You will have a NY strip steak option for lunch. BUt it is no where near the same steak for dinner.

I think the food in EPic club, cagneys lunch is the same quality as the MDR. I see a huge difference with the upcharge specialty restaurants for nightly dinner. So I like to eat at them. But more important, it is nice to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagneys is a very uncrowded restaurant :)

Is Cagneys open for lunch every day on the EPIC.

Can you let me know what the surcharge is.

We are going on the EPIC in November, and I want to hit a few of the specialty restaurants.

Thanks!

Is Cagneys open for lunch every day on the EPIC.

Can you let me know what the surcharge is.

We are going on the EPIC in November, and I want to hit a few of the specialty restaurants.

Thanks!

Cagney's for breakfast and lunch is only for suite passengers (and certain NCL-designated VIPs). If you're in a full suite, you will have access to Cagney's every day at no additional surcharge. If you're not, then you will not have Cagney's as an option for breakfast or lunch, not even if you're willing to pay a surcharge. Cagney's for dinner is open for everyone and everyone, even suite passengers, must pay the dinner surcharge.

beachchick

Cagney's for breakfast and lunch is only for suite passengers (and certain NCL-designated VIPs). If you're in a full suite, you will have access to Cagney's every day at no additional surcharge. If you're not, then you will not have Cagney's as an option for breakfast or lunch, not even if you're willing to pay a surcharge. Cagney's for dinner is open for everyone and everyone, even suite passengers, must pay the dinner surcharge.

beachchick

On the Epic the suite passengers use the Epic Club for breakfast and lunch, not Cagneys.

We had breakfast and lunch on the Pearl in April and it was a wonderful experience away from the madness of the buffet :) We normally wore shorts and t shirts which seemed the norm for breakfast and lunch. We did dine in Cagneys in the evening on one occassion which was a lovely experience with different food and ambience from breakfast and lunch. All meals were served in Cagneys - we did not use the Star Bar area at all.

I think the food in EPic club, cagneys lunch is the same quality as the MDR.

We found the quality to be higher at each meal time. The 'burger' you get at the Great Outdoors, and the Angus burger at EPIC Club might be the same thing....but they taste different to me.

Maybe it's the atmosphere, but I actually think that they are different patties.

On the Epic the suite passengers use the Epic Club for breakfast and lunch, not Cagneys.

Thanks for the information. Always good to know the differences between ships. So the answer is the same, but substitute "Epic Club" for "Cagney's" in regards to breakfast and lunch. Question for you: Is Cagney's open for a surcharge for lunch for non-suite passengers or is Cagney's open for dinner only on Epic?

beachchick

Thanks for the information. Always good to know the differences between ships. So the answer is the same, but substitute "Epic Club" for "Cagney's" in regards to breakfast and lunch. Question for you: Is Cagney's open for a surcharge for lunch for non-suite passengers or is Cagney's open for dinner only on Epic?

beachchick

Cagney's on the Epic is only open for dinner as far as I know.

The Epic Club is open for Suite guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Cagney's (Il Adagio on the Sun) on all other ships is not open for non-suite guests for breakfast or lunch even for a surcharge.

As other have stated, the menu is completely different for dinner than it is for B & L. I would recommend going back to Cagney's for the evening meal if you wish to.

As for dress code - especially for children, the dry swim suits with shirts and shoes are acceptable.

Breakfast and Lunch in Cagney's are for suite holders only. If you wish to have dinner there you have to pay the specialty price ($25pp on our last cruise).

We always eat both breakfast and lunch at Cagney's, but most generally have the butler bring us dinner in our suite. You can order dinner from any restaurant and your butler will deliver and serve it. (When ordering dinner from a specialty restaurant though, you will be charged the surcharge!)

We tend to eat dinner once or twice at Cagney's, but it is often very crowded for dinner, whereas it seldom has many folks at all for breakfast or lunch.

Archived