FLL hotel help, if you please!

Looking for a pre-cruise hotel, for 2 nights. Prefer someplace with a nice pool area with a bar. Price should be under $200 a night. Location near a variety of restaurants. Nearby grocery store would be a nice bonus. Airport and pier transportation is also needed, even if its for a small fee. Anyone have any suggestions for us? Thank you!

Looking for a pre-cruise hotel, for 2 nights. Prefer someplace with a nice pool area with a bar. Price should be under $200 a night. Location near a variety of restaurants. Nearby grocery store would be a nice bonus. Airport and pier transportation is also needed, even if its for a small fee. Anyone have any suggestions for us? Thank you!

Embassy Suites in the 17th St./downtown are of FLL will meet all of your needs. Good luck! :)

It depends what time of the year you are looking at. You will not get the Embassy for ubder $200 in prime time. It can be had for under $200 in the fall until December. After that it goes up to about $300. Tell me your dates and I may be able to help you.

If you are in Feb 2012 you will not get the Embassy for under $200. If you join Hilton Honors (no fee) you might get it for the low $200,s. You might be able to get the Renaissance for under $200 on Priceline.

Intercontinental downtown Miami, we booked it thru lastminutetravel dot com, call them or book on line don’t call the hotel. They do not list the name of the hotels on the site so look for the hotel that says 34 floors that’s the Intercontinental. It’s in a great location and Bayside market is just around the corner. I got it last year for that week for $91 a night. If you get up around 8am you can see the dolphins jumping in the bay right outside the hotel.

SAS transportation will pick you up at FLL airport and take you to Intercontinental for $25 pp. You will need to check prices from hotel to FLL port with SAS, my guess also $25 pp. They also offer inexpensive transportation from the port in FLL to to FLL airport.

Just another option, in case you would like to stay in Miami.

We might be able to offer better suggestions if we know which port you are sailing from. I think some are assuming the Magic next February listed on your cruise list, but I beleive it sails from Galveston.

If you are sailing from Port Everglades, then the Embassy Suites or Renaissance are good suggestions.

I'm looking for basically the same thing as ChiBearsSuperFan and will be arriving with two other couples in Ft Lauderdale on 1-20-12 for a cruise from the POM. We will be needing three rooms and any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, I guess I did leave out a couple of important details. Leaving out of Port Everglades, on February 22nd on the Carnival Miracle. Planning to head to FLL on the 20th for a couple nights before the cruise. Its going to be ourselves and two other couples. Rather stay local than go to Miami.

Sorry, I guess I did leave out a couple of important details. Leaving out of Port Everglades, on February 22nd on the Carnival Miracle. Planning to head to FLL on the 20th for a couple nights before the cruise. Its going to be ourselves and two other couples. Rather stay local than go to Miami.

Embassy Suites is looking at $299/night and the Renaissance is sold out. The Crowne Plaza on State Rd 84, just outside the port, is about $170. I believe it's about a 15 minute or so walk to the commercial area near the Embassy Suites. They have a nice pool area on the top of their parking garage (about 5 floors up) The Hyatt Summerfield Suites at Stirling Rd/I-95 is also pretty affordable right now at about $150. It's near the large Oakwood Plaza with several restaurants and shopping. I saw the Airport Hilton for less than $150, which is surprising for that hotel, but it's pretty isolated in regards to anything within walking distance.

I beleive the week you are looking at is Presidents Week, so I assume hotels will only go up as that time comes closer. You can also try to play the Priceline/Hotwire game for the higher end hotels if you want, but I would make cancellable reservations somewhere else now or soon as a fall back to that plan.

Last Minute Travel is showing the Crowne Plaza on SR84 for $75 per night for your dates. Showing as a 4-star hotel. URL number is #1223544. The hotel's own website is showing rates of $161 so less than half price from LMT.

As far as betterbidding is showing, if you bid on a 4 star hotel in the Priceline downtown Fort Lauderdale area, you will get the Renaissance, and on Hotwire you will get the Renaissance or Hilton Marina. Cabs are only about $15 each way, and these are nice choices. The Hilton is a few blocks further from things but still walkable and the water taxi is right there.

Archived