Caribbean Adventure Tours - Costa Rica

suntan

:) We have just returned from our cruise on the Summit (Feb. 28th sailing). Our shore excursion in Costa Rica was cancelled due to lack of interest (Costa Flores Flower Farm). Our waiter, Juan, whose home is Costa Rica, recommended to us to take a trip with his friend. I must say an excellent recommendation!

Our driver and guide was Danilo Hall with Caribbean Adventure Tours. We chose a trip to the banana plantation and Tortuguero Canals. We travelled in an air-conditioned van. Danilo and his assistant (cannot remember her name) provided us with the BEST port trip of the entire cruise. Aside from taking us to the plantation and canals, Danilo would stop by the side of the road so we could get out an take pictures of the scenery (instead of taking them through a window), he would pick flowers for us. Danilo and his assistant were proud of where they live and willing to answer any questions that we had. Once they found out we were animal lovers, they would make an extra effort to find local animals - we were able to hold and feed a baby monkey that one of the residents was raising. In the canals, they were constantly looking for animals and birds for us - we were able to see two different types of iguanas.

Danilo and his assistant gave us a more personal tour of Limon than what we would have received from other tour operators.

I highly recommend anyone going to Costa Rica to take a tour with Danilo. You can check their website: www.geocities.com/adventure_caribbean/tours.html.

You can also send an e-mail for further information: adventure_caribbean@yahoo.com.

We also used Danny and agree he was great. Very flexible and will take you anywhere you want to go. Really nice guy. Direct phone for Caribbean Adventure Tours is 506-382-6044 or e mail them at

adventure_caribbean@yahoo.com

If you want to do zip-lining that is even more extreme than Almonds and Corals he will take you there if you ask him.

Nancy

PS...I had to edit this message because of the way the email address came out in the post....the underline that automatically "happened" when it posted covered over the adventure_caribbean. I forget what you call that lower line thingy between adventure and caribbean. Of course the @yahoo.com follows that. Hope this makes sense to everyone.

Sue I have booked with Danilo, we are heading to the Tortuguero area to boat through the canals. We are then heading towards Puerto Viejo to zip line, along the way possibly checking out a banana plantation, take some pictures etc... We are planning a lunch on the coast to see the beaches and to shop. If zip lining isn't your thing you can still join us. Currently there are 4 of us and Danilo said 10 is a good group, so there is room if it's something you will want to do. Let me know. I will be at the martini tasting the first night, we have late seating. I will also be attending the CC party which is before CR. If you haven't signed up for the CC party you should.

Take care, Jo

Jo,

The trip sounds interesting but I am not too sure about the zip-lining. Do you know whether they have beginner or intermediate lines? How do we contact him if we want to sign up? In the past we had only used the ship's excursions but now realize we can see much more on private tours. In Cayman, we have a tour booked with NativeWay. We are signed up for the CC party and will be at the martini tasting.

Sue

Hello again,

You don't have to zip line, but if you like the idea of the boat trip, the banana plantation, stopping to take pictures etc... have lunch and a bit of shopping then please feel free to come along. You do not have to zip line. Danilo charges one fee for his service, and the other fees depend on what you decide to do. My requirement for this tour was to have it be laid back, going by the seat of our pants so to speak; if we want to stop we stop. That kind of thing. I did not want a rigid tour and Danilo promised it wouldn't be. We will have a great time.

If you have questions email me at josephineglenn@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Are you arriving on Sunday or the day of the cruise? We are flying in on Sunday, staying at the embassy suites.

Archived