Handout Fun Times

There almost needs to be a 1st timers meeting/crusing for dummies before you get on. So many people leave their first cruise amazed what they wish they knew.

On some ships, there is a "get to know the ship" 45 minute tour at about 3 on embark day. The 1 time I was going to do this, there was about 200 people following 1 girl (with a soft voice :eek:) trying to lead everyone around the ship. I decided to explore the ship on my own.

At check-in, I think we should get a detailed map of the public decks (don't need one for the cabin decks) like those on cruisedeckplans and an abbreviated FunTimes (just for the hours before sailaway).

May be make them available. But don’t give out a bunch of stuff that most people may not want. Let them pick them up on board. There is always plenty available on board. The large majority of passengers who board the ship take an elevator up to the lido deck to eat and wait for their cabins to be ready.

This is what John Heald had posted on his Facebook.....Just thought that I would pass it along to you:

"Remember this one: Is it possible hand out the sail date Fun Times at the Terminal at check-in. We would be able to read it and make plans while waiting to board. It also may help eliminate some of the questions that the crew are asked by first time cruisers. ..... What do you think? Any chance of this possibly happening?

Please forgive me but I lost the name of the lady who suggested this. Well I have to tell you that this simple but brilliant idea will be put into play in Galveston in 2 weeks time on either Carnival Conquest or Carnival Ecstasy and if it works - will be taken fleet wide. Congratulations to whoever suggested this - can someone tell me their name? Cheers"

YEAH!!!! I hope this keeps going for our sailing. :D

I posted this question on Carnival.com last night.

Is it possible to hand out the sail date Fun Times at the Terminal at check-in. We would be able to read it and make plans while waiting to board. It also may help eliminate some of the questions that the crew are asked by first time cruisers

I wondered If the days Fun Times is printed and ready for our cabin then couldn't they have an employee take them to the terminal and give it to us there.

John Heald posted today on facebook that this was a brilliant idea and they were going to start doing it in galveston and if it worked it would go fleet wide. He could not remember who recommened it so I posted your cruise critic name to him.

Great job. Just goes to show there is nothing wrong with asking:D

I posted this question on Carnival.com last night.

Is it possible to hand out the sail date Fun Times at the Terminal at check-in. We would be able to read it and make plans while waiting to board. It also may help eliminate some of the questions that the crew are asked by first time cruisers

I wondered If the days Fun Times is printed and ready for our cabin then couldn't they have an employee take them to the terminal and give it to us there.

Sail .. My husband saw your post over on CCL and reposted it to John's FB page. Just to let you know that he was not claiming your thought just passing it on. I know how people can get things twisted. John is wanting to thank the thinker, LOL so that would be you:)

Archived