Ships with Infant Nurseries

Woodmnky

I know that this question has been asked a thousand times, but I cannot find the answer that I was looking for.

I know that some RCI ships and Disney ships have nurseries for little ones, but is there a full list of ships that offer care for babies (ours will be 11 months).

Thanks for the help.

RCI Ships with nursery (for a fee) are Oasis, Allure, Liberty, Freedom, Splendour and Radiance :D

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/conten...advantage_main

The ones with Baby Splash Zones -- RCI Independence, Freedom, Liberty, Oasis and Allure.

The Disney Ships are Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy with both nursery (paid service) and water play area.

Carnival will watch the Under 2's for a fee but no pools for those in diapers.

Cunard has a nanny/play program, but no pools for the baby.

RCI Ships with nursery (for a fee) are Oasis, Allure, Liberty, Freedom, Splendour and Radiance :D

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/conten...advantage_main

The ones with Baby Splash Zones -- RCI Independence, Freedom, Liberty, Oasis and Allure.

The Disney Ships are Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy with both nursery (paid service) and water play area.

Carnival will watch the Under 2's for a fee but no pools for those in diapers.

Cunard has a nanny/play program, but no pools for the baby.

Cruisinmama06, can you comment on whether or not the baby splash zones and water play areas on RCCL and Disney allow swim diapers? Thank you. :)

Yes...those 4 RCI ships she mentioned do allow swim diapers. So should those particular Disney ships.

Yes, those ships do allow swim diapers, but only in one designated, specially filtered shallow pool. On RCI, the baby splash area is separate from the regular water play zones and other pools. It is the only place where non-trained swim-diapered youngsters are allowed. As an FYI, only non-trained swim-diapered are allowed in the baby splash zones, so parents with both younger and older children need to keep in mind that the two areas are near each other, but separate. On Disney, I know it's similar in that the "baby pool" is separate and the only area for non-trained children.

beachchick

• 9 months later...

I know the Rhapsody of the Seas has the nursery for tots as part of the recent refurb (i am led to beleive), however does anyone know if the Voyager of the Seas has or will be getting fitted with this feature within the next 18 months or so.

It is just that we are looking for a sailing out of Australia (that has ice skating for my wife) and able to have our new born daugher (4 months now) looked after if need to for an few hours.

Thanks for all your help.

I know the Rhapsody of the Seas has the nursery for tots as part of the recent refurb (i am led to beleive), however does anyone know if the Voyager of the Seas has or will be getting fitted with this feature within the next 18 months or so.

It is just that we are looking for a sailing out of Australia (that has ice skating for my wife) and able to have our new born daugher (4 months now) looked after if need to for an few hours.

Thanks for all your help.

Here is the updated list - Voyager is set to get it in "2013-2014"

Oasis of the Seas ................. Newly enhanced and now sailing

Liberty of the Seas ............... Newly enhanced and now sailing

Freedom of the Seas ........... Newly enhanced and now sailing

Radiance of the Seas .......... Newly enhanced and now sailing

Splendor of the Seas ........ Newly enhanced and now sailing

Rhapsody of the Seas.......... Newly enhanced and now sailing

Mariner of the Seas .............. More to love coming April 2012

Grandeur of the Seas ........... More to love coming May 2012

Serenade of the Seas ........... More to love coming November 2012

2013 - 2014 Schedule of Ship Enhancements

Legend of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas*

Independence of the Seas*

*less extensive enhancement planned

I do not believe that any other cruise line has the special filtration system for pools that allow diapered children, including NCL, so even swim diapers are not allowed.

This is correct. Now with that being said, one of my biggest gripes on Gem was that the crew members were redirecting the babies in diapers back to the whale pool with the small slide. And NCL clearly has it marked no diapers. But it was an issue with crew training and not following policy. A little boy who was potty trained and was using the children's pool on Gem ended up getting a raging ear infection half way through the cruise. I talked to his parents in Bermuda at the pharmacy - they were getting antibiotics. Could it be from bacteria in the pool that entered his ear canal? Who knows? I am no doctor. But it wasn't healthy to have so many diapered babies in that small pool swimming around in their own feces with kids who were potty trained. I stopped my youngest from going into that pool by the end of the cruise.

Archived