Tender tickets on Equionox in Santorini

tenspot48

Is it possible for one person to get tender tickets for a party of six, or does everybody have to stand in line? I understand that the line starts to form quite a bit earlier than the time stated. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sally

Sorry, repost

We just returned from our May 16th cruise on the Equinox and my husband stood in line while I had breakfast and then I stood in line while he ate. I got 4 tickets, two for us and two for an elderly couple I met at breakfast who said they were not looking forward to the line up. So the answer is yes, only one person needs to stand in line or be present.

I was also on the May 16th cruise & never waited in line for a tender.

On this particular cruise the ship arrived at 2PM, we were on the island by 3PM.

Just don't try to be in the first 2 or 3 groups to the leave the boat, besides you have over 7 hours to sight see.

Is it possible for one person to get tender tickets for a party of six, or does everybody have to stand in line? I understand that the line starts to form quite a bit earlier than the time stated. Any information would be helpful.

Sorry, repost

We too were on the May 16th eastern Med cruise, and I lined up (late mind you) and got a number for both of us of 39 out of some 58 tenders. Both of us were not required. The process (externally-contracted tenders, not the ship's own) took some three hours altogether, and we had arrived an hour early. That said, this was still more than enough time for us to walk up the trail to the top of Fira and enjoy a glas of wine and a walkabout of the town and still be back on board in ample time for a late supper.

The same applies for shore excursions, one lines up, mentions the number of people one is requesting numbers for, presenting the tickets for all involved, and one gets the little sticky number badges for everyone - not all need to attend.

Archived