2012 Itinerary Changed

Senior Citizen

Rhonda,

Our TA sent us a revised itinerary several days ago which shows Cairo and Alexandria as being back in. There are two very minor changes other than this -- an hour more in Kusadasi and I forget what the other one was but it was similar in nature.

Mura

Thanks, Mura. Can you email me any changes you hear of in the future, as you know we don't get told down here. I learn things like that off CC.:mad: Will send you an email later.

• 2 weeks later...
Oceania cancelled the Tunisian and Egyptian ports on the Barcelona to Istanbul cruise on the Riviera and sustituted two small Turkish ports, which is a game breaker for me. However before I cancel, I plan to wait to see if they are put back as Princess has put back Egypt to their cruises.

We received notice today that both Alexandria and Cairo (Port Said) were put back on the 7-19-12 itinerary:

"We would like to advise you of an important update to your upcoming voyage aboard Riviera on July 19, 2012.

As you are aware, earlier in the year, we removed Egypt and Tunisia from the itinerary due to the political instability in the region. Based on our experiences and feedback from some of our ships’ recent calls in Egypt, we are pleased to be reintroducing Cairo and Alexandria to our roster of destinations."

We received notice today that both Alexandria and Cairo (Port Said) were put back on the 7-19-12 itinerary:

"We would like to advise you of an important update to your upcoming voyage aboard Riviera on July 19, 2012.

As you are aware, earlier in the year, we removed Egypt and Tunisia from the itinerary due to the political instability in the region. Based on our experiences and feedback from some of our ships’ recent calls in Egypt, we are pleased to be reintroducing Cairo and Alexandria to our roster of destinations."

Kathleen,

That's great news. How about Tunisian ports?

Kathleen,

That's great news. How about Tunisian ports?

Hi Paul,

La Goulette did not re-appear. In fact, its port description on the O site has been completely removed. I highly doubt that it will be put back on the itinerary anytime soon.

Hi Paul,

La Goulette did not re-appear. In fact, its port description on the O site has been completely removed. I highly doubt that it will be put back on the itinerary anytime soon.

Hi Kathleen,

That's a shame. While it's not a truly special stop, it's pleasant enough and somewhat different from the norm. Maybe some other time :)

Thanks, Mura. Can you email me any changes you hear of in the future, as you know we don't get told down here. I learn things like that off CC.:mad: Will send you an email later.

Will do, Rhonda.

Archived