Valor Or Freedom? Pros & cons?

Gabrielle R.

Hello! We are looking at a Christmas cruise and right now Carnival Valor & Freedom really caught my eye. I read reviews, but sometimes they are either all positive or all negative. I like both for their ports more sea days with Valor than Freedom. Both are 8 days price about the same, Valor a little less.

So whkat are some pros/cons on these ships? I haven't sailed Carnival for quite sometime, but have sailed pretty much everybody. Now I can pick by price and stops.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Gabrielle

Decorating matters some? I guess... Is one better then the other? Nice to know they are sister ships.

What is the serenity deck? I read about it, but I don't know much about it. I understand it is an adults only area... Cost???

What can you tell me about the Mongolian grill? Where is it at? Any eats that I should know about? Thanks!

Mongolian grill is aft of the main pool, outside. You fill your bowl with veggies and pick them out, then you tell them which meat (3 choices which rotate) and which of the 3 spices you want them to cook it with and they throw it all in their wok and stir fry it while you wait.

Serenity is free on those ships, if there is one. Some ships just have the adult pool and hot tubs in the aft where the pizza is, but its not serenity (the whole area is adults only). I cruised over 10 cruises before I finally figured out which was which .. so Ill let someone else answer if these ships have them. I finally know conquest does not have a serenity area, but Glory does, up front where it was added on.

i loved the valor in july 09 when we were on the ship. everything was perfect. we met great people, staff was awesome, food was amazing. i would definitely go on that ship again.

we went on the freedom in aug 2010 and had a less then stellar time. we made the best of it because it was our vacation but the food was not up to par at all. (compared to the valor one year earlier and the miracle one month prior) the steakhouse was even horrible. i have been to many amazing steakhouses in NYC and this did not even compare one ounce i found the entertainment not as good on this ship (loved ticket to ride though)

if i was making the decision on which boat to go on based on my experience on both ships, i would choose the valor in a heartbeat!

Haven't been on the Freedom but was on the Valor in April of 2009 and we loved her so much, sailing on her again in 10 days. I love the decor, the service was great as was the food. Have nothing bad to say. But choose by which itinerary you want to do and price..

THANKS!!!

I was hoping the Mongolian grill was like our Mongos up here in MN!:)

Even better to hear that the Serenity area is free! I'm a teacher- High School- so I do need some down time from kids.

What made many of you not like Freedom as much? I understand that Valor & Freedom are sister ships- I read often that people didn't like Freedom.

The nice thing about my choices, Valor is about $100 cheaper.

We went with the Valor for our September cruise because she was just dry docked a few short months ago. I am not sure if/when the Freedom was, but that was a very important aspect to me. I have heard mixed reviews about the Valor when it comes to the décor, but from what I can see in other’s photos…I think it is just fine. In my opinion, Carnival is known for being over the top and fun…décor on any of their ships don’t tend to be their strongest feature. J

Enjoy picking and I’m anxious to hear what you choose!

Archived