Former cruisers on Golden in Alaska: best glacier viewing area?

flashdog_1

Honestly, after just getting off the Golden I was disappointed with glacier bay. I thought there would be more to see. I watched from the deck for awhile and then my balcony. When they got to the end of the bay they stayed in one position for awhile then turned the ship around and sat there awhile so the other side had a good view. If you stayed on your balcony, you saw one side going in and the other side going out.

Well, we were honestly captivated by the entire spectacle. On our voyage, near the entrance to the Bay, there was a whale carcass washed ashore and a bunch of bears were feasting on it. We saw whales, otters, many types of birds, more bears, mountain goats. The glaciers were magnificent and, IMHO, awe-inspiring. We saw some calving at Marjorie Glacier. Truly a wonderful day and one that I'm going to remember for a long time. :)

Just back from the Golden and we thought that besides our balcony the Promenade Deck was the best. We did walk around quite a bit but it was usually too noisy for us on most of the decks. We preferred our balcony where we could hear the glacier cracking and popping much better.

Honestly, after just getting off the Golden I was disappointed with glacier bay. I thought there would be more to see. I watched from the deck for awhile and then my balcony. When they got to the end of the bay they stayed in one position for awhile then turned the ship around and sat there awhile so the other side had a good view. If you stayed on your balcony, you saw one side going in and the other side going out.

I'm sorry you were disappointed...I was awed by the size and beauty of the entire park. But then, I've never seen anything like that before; maybe if I had, it wouldn't have been so amazing.

Archived