A travel suggestion that might be useful

threeedogmedia

Before we leave for the airport, we take pictures of our packed luggage (with our usual straps on the outside). We print copies and bring them in our carry-on luggage in the event that the airline sends our bags to places unknown. It's far easier having a picture than trying to remember which color strap we used on each bag.

This hint was given to us years ago by a friend who traveled all the time. We've followed her suggestion for every flight including domestic. Fortunately, we haven't had to use it yet but I would rather be prepared than give the agent the wrong information which might delay our bags even longer.

Karen

I make my own luggage tags with my itinerary. Dates, destinations,airline, hotel, email address and cruise for each leg of my trip. I secure them with clear packing tape and put a copy inside my bag. When I reach my destination I cut them off and apply new ones for the return trip. I never leave home without a roll of clear packing tape as it is unbelievably useful for so many things.

I had not thought of doing that - thanks. I have only had my luggage lost (well, it was found later, so I guess I should say "slow luggage"), but I'll start photographing now just in case. Actually, I have something unique for our next cruise. I ordered luggage tags with a picture I made using photos of ships used by our two favorite cruise lines - Oceania and Viking. I figure NOBODY will have the same luggage tags as we do, so even if our bags are similar to others, there will be an easily identifiable thing hanging from them! I guess when we cruise in October, I'll take a picture of our checked bags, with tags attached, in case our luggage doesn't arrive with us.

I had not thought of doing that - thanks. I have only had my luggage lost (well, it was found later, so I guess I should say "slow luggage"), but I'll start photographing now just in case. Actually, I have something unique for our next cruise. I ordered luggage tags with a picture I made using photos of ships used by our two favorite cruise lines - Oceania and Viking. I figure NOBODY will have the same luggage tags as we do, so even if our bags are similar to others, there will be an easily identifiable thing hanging from them! I guess when we cruise in October, I'll take a picture of our checked bags, with tags attached, in case our luggage doesn't arrive with us.

I posted on another thread to photograph your clothes while packing. This helped me when my luggage was lost forever and I had photos of what I had taken to assist in itemizing the claim.

Archived