Excellence Catamaran

sltb47

Check out the XTreme tour at http://www.adventureantigua.com. It's a private excursion, max about 25 or so people, a Circumnav that includes a tour of English Harbor, swimming with the stingrays when no one else is there, snorkeling at the Pillars of Hercules, a beach stop and a fantastic lunch! If you're a non-swimmer or simply choose to stay on board during the snorkeling stop, no problem, you'll still have a great time. We've done all of Eli's tours, multiple times, and I sometimes go for the snorkel and sometimes choose to stay on the boat - there are always some that do.

The Excellence excursion remains one of our all-time favorites. The sail along the coast is amazing as is motoring through English Harbor. We (4 couples) all highly recommend this one, she is a beautiful 20-deck cat and is docked right by the cruise dock. Some of the bluest water we've seen throughout our many travels...

Sorry - Just a 2-deck cat, not 20!:rolleyes:

I misstated the boat, sorry - she's a 2 decker, not a 20 decker! But yes, you will love the excursion! The only other 1/2 day sail we can compare to that is the Golden Eagle in St Marteen (sailingsxm.com)

May have missed it but the Carnival website says this tour lasts about 6.5 hours. Is there any time to wander around St John's either before or after the excursion? Supposed to be in between 7AM & 6PM

We are looking to do this excursion through Carnival in February. We dont normally do cruiseship tours. Can anyone tell me how many people were on the ship and is it through Excellence Catamaran? thanks

Does Carnival have this excursion available for your sailing yet? Not yet for Breeze 4/13/13. I booked my other 2 excursions today (discount code onaother thread) but this one isn't available yet!

The Excellence is offered through Carnival and other cruise lines and sells out fast. It may not be listed by name, can't remember so look at the options carefully. Stops at Green Cay and cruises Amtigua's beautiful coast with a great lunch and drinks. Docks right by the cruise ships, beautiful two-tiered cat.

The Excellence is offered through Carnival and other cruise lines and sells out fast. It may not be listed by name, can't remember so look at the options carefully. Stops at Green Cay and cruises Amtigua's beautiful coast with a great lunch and drinks. Docks right by the cruise ships, beautiful two-tiered cat.

The circumnav tour offered by Carnival is called "See Antigua by Sea" isn't (yet?) available for our specific cruise but is listed as a shore excursion option. I just keep checking.

Does Carnival have this excursion available for your sailing yet? Not yet for Breeze 4/13/13. I booked my other 2 excursions today (discount code onaother thread) but this one isn't available yet!

Just curious, what's the discount code for and what is it? Care to share?

We are thinking about doing this tour. Do they have an open bar on board the boat?? Does it only open till after the snorkling?? Many thanks for any info. John F

I emailed the tour provider who confirmed that it is open bar and advised it can be booked only through Carnival (for those of us on a Carnival ship). Still not offered for my sailing, but I check daily.

We will be in Antigua in Sept. and had our mind set on Jolly Beach Resort again, but after reading the reviews on this excursion, we may have to change our plans. Sounds fantastic!

We too had considered the JBR on our first visit with 3 other couples, so glad we chose the Excellence.

Our second visit we toured Antigua with Lawrence of Antigua and that was also a superb day, Shirley Heights, English Harbor, Nelson's Dockyard and Pigeon Beach were amazing.

We too had considered the JBR on our first visit with 3 other couples, so glad we chose the Excellence.

Our second visit we toured Antigua with Lawrence of Antigua and that was also a superb day, Shirley Heights, English Harbor, Nelson's Dockyard and Pigeon Beach were amazing.

We decided and I am booking it tonight. :) Do you know what beach it is that they bring you to?

You cross a portion of the ocean that is rough and it's a fun 1/2 hour or so ride under sail to Green Island, great snorkeling and nice beach. You pass Long Beach on the wy where Oprah and other gazillionaires have homes. . Then a beautiful motor along the coast and through English Harbor. You'll also see Clapton's newer home on the hill.

The last 1/2 hr is really fun with everyone dancing and singing.

You will love it!

You cross a portion of the ocean that is rough and it's a fun 1/2 hour or so ride under sail to Green Island, great snorkeling and nice beach. You pass Long Beach on the wy where Oprah and other gazillionaires have homes. . Then a beautiful motor along the coast and through English Harbor. You'll also see Clapton's newer home on the hill.

The last 1/2 hr is really fun with everyone dancing and singing.

You will love it!

Thank you, I am even more excited now to be trying something different. I will definitely be taking Bonine for the motion!

Was it available for your cruise? Still not an option for us!

Yes it was, I ended up booking that same night. I cruise in Sept. so that might be why. I think it will show up for you a little closer to your sailing. I can't see why they wouldn't offer it.

• 3 weeks later...

You're on CCL so it will be an option. You're still 11 months out so I'm sure islandtoisland is right. Check back in 5 or 6 months and she'll be ready for you!

Enjoy, it was an awesome day and I hate that word but it was just that.

Archived