Dream or Magic: Cove Balcony under the excursion desk

ldb2

I have been searching and searching and have not really been able to find an answer to my question so here goes: We are looking at booking a Cove Balcony on an upcoming cruise and there are a couple available that appear to be right under the excursion desk. There are a few more that are under the main part of the atrium, but I fear those might be too noisy late at night (hubby is a very early-to-bed type). Has anyone stayed in 2252 or 2256 on either the Dream or the Magic, and if so - did you hear any/much noise from the atrium area? 2276 is also available, and I can't tell from the deck diagrams if it is still under the atrium or under the dining room. Anyone have any experience with that particular room? If it is under the dining room I am sure the noise will subside early enough that it would not be a problem.

Thanks in advance if anyone can shed any light on this!

Laurie

Iv never seen a cabin be directly below either desk in the lobby so I went to look. Im seeing what looks like table/chairs around the outside, with the desks inside of them.. not sure what those are, but they are above you. Its carpeted too, so I would not worry one bit about a cabin there because of the desk.

We were the 4th set of passengers on the Dream and had a cove balcony. I don't remeber our room number. However, we throughly enjoyed the cove balcony and would choose it again if we ever went back on the Dream. We had no noice in our cabin. The balcony was fantastic, to us, and alot of enjoyment. The room did not seem any smaller than the upper balcony rooms and we are VIP's on Carnival. Enjoy and have a great time!:)

Thanks everyone!

Bandman: Glad to hear that it was quiet under the purser's desk - that is a very good indicator of what it would be like on the opposite side, I would think. Hoping to book very soon!

Laurie

I am actually booked for November on the Magic in 2256. I specifically picked this location because I was afraid noise might be an issue under the galley. I know the excursion desk only operates during certain hours, so I thought it would be a great location. I also like that it is near the elevators. I am interested also to see responses from anyone who has stayed here.

Jamie

Hi Jamie: I was thinking much the same as you - the close location to the elevators is a big plus, and the excursion desk would be quiet at night when one needs it to be quiet! I'll look forward to hearing from you about how you like it when you return. I'm just a tiny bit afraid the noise from the evening activity in the atrium MIGHT carry - but that is probably an unfounded fear. Have a great time in November!

Archived