I just got a surprise...and questions...

Bruin Steve

I just got a surprise...upgrade...

Not from the cruise line...

But from my brother...

He had sailed the Summit to Alaska last year...in the Penthouse Suite!!!

He heard I booked a Cat 4 and a nearby inside for the kids...

So, he surreptitiously called my travel agent and rearranged things...

We had been in #7003 and #7028...and I happenned to like that arrangement...I specially picked #7003 because it was the corner cabin in the far front left...because of the strange configuration, it's considerably larger that the other outside non-suite cabins...I figured it was a great bargain...a suite sized cabin at a regular cabin price...

That cabin is officially now back on the market...

We've now got a pair of "Sky Suites"--#6122 and #6124!!!

I guess I shouldn't complain, huh?

Now, I'm a guy who's always been happy just being on the ship...I've sailed in inside cabins, outside cabins, balcony cabins...but never before in a suite...

So, now I've got to start asking questions...

Does this mean I've got a "Butler"? Is this in addition to or instead of a Cabin Steward?

What does a Butler do?

Is there a computer in the room with internet service? Is there a charge for that or is it included? (it's hard to read the brochure as to whether the little symbol stating "not available in sky suites" is for this item or the next--personalized stationery")

As to the Captain's Club...Does the Suite count as an extra sailing with the new rules? If we're doing a 13 night cruisetour with a Suite, how many "ordinary cruises" does that count as? I'm getting greedy now, aren't I?

What else can I expect now with the Suite?

Whatever, I guess it's gonna be cool, huh? Am I going to have trouble going back to an ordinary cabin on the next cruise?

Nice little brother, huh?

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

Ofcourse you're going to have trouble going back to a regular room from a suite. That's a silly question. Enjoy it while you can. Consider this a very special cruise by a very special brother. If it bothers you too much, I will adopt him. He can upgrade my room any time. Life is good.

Hey Steve, You must be a pretty good brother yourself for him to do such a nice thing for you. I'm thrilled for both of you. I'm sure he's getting as much pleasure out of doing this for you as you are in having the upgrade. As to the double credits. I called the captains club desk and asked them that question for one of my sailings. The answer was yes, you'll get two credits for the over twelve day cruise and two for the sky suite. That's four for one sailing, not bad. I hope you all have a wonderful time. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Toni

Hey Steve!

Finially something I can help you withicon_smile.gif

First of all, NICE! Secondly, you will be so spoiled you will never cruise in a non suite stateroom again.

Upon arrival your butler will introduce himself. He will do anything you ask for example - bring martinis just the way you like them, when ever you wish. If you are cruising with your brother, you may want to arrange a cocktail party with your butler in your suite. He will bring drinks of your choice and canapes of your choice if you would like caviar, shrimp...whatever or will serve extra of what the evenings selection is. If there is a port tender, he will give you tender priority tickets (no getting a number and waiting in line). He will shine shoes, will personally take care of your clothing for pressing or cleaning. If you would like dinner in your suite..he is the guy. You will be served course by course, like you would in the dining room, not like room service where everything is dumped in your room. He will serve breakfast every morning on your balcony or your inside table. Your stateroom had a breakfast menu which you fill out every night and hang on your door. fill in what you like, even if it is not on the menu, and as much as you like. He will call your room 5 min before delivery, then will set the table with linens and china and set out your food. He will serve you afternoon tea, which is coffee, tea, assorted tea sandwiches and cookies. Later he will then serve you evening canapes and if you want cocktails. every evening your fresh fruit bowl is replaced too. If you have any questions, he is there to get them for you, he will also confirm your dinner seating upon arrival, if you have a special celebration, tell him he will arrange whatever you like, including in the dining room. He will also make dinner arrangements for you in alternative dining. I'm sure there are many more things - just think of it as having a personal assistant while on vacation. Being in a suite is great too, as you get priority embarkation and debarkation. We were on the ship so fast, I think in the first 10, and we were off so fast. We were in the first group to debark at 8:15 am..at 8:45 we were in our rental car heading to Orlando! Also being in a suite you get a lot of priviledges, go to www.celebrity.com and read "suite indulgences" with 24 hour butler serviceicon_smile.gif There is not internet access in the SS, access starts in the CS and up (I think). Yes you do get personalized stationary with your name and suite # on it along with cards with your name and stateroom #. They are in a white folder, and your butler will show them to you. You will also get some gifts everynight. I don't know if it's captains club or "suite gifts" but either way you will get them on your turn down. There is also a chilled bottle of champage waiting for you in your cabin when you first arrive.

You will be charged for any alcohol you order and caviar. And of corse, you tip accordingly at the end of the cruise. The suggested tip for the butler is $50 for the week...kinda low IMHO. there are some people that do not use him and others that use him for everything (dinner, drinks, parties etc..) If you use him a lot, tip him generously.

From my recent Captains Club you get 2 credits for a suite. What the points are and what they are used for I have no idea!

Expect to be so spoiled that you will never go back to a regular cabin again - you will absolutely love iticon_smile.gif

Hope this helps!

Kathleen,

You seem to know your stuff about suites. We are planning to host a cocktail party once on board. Do you know how you are charged outside of the drinks you want served?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Summit Leaves For the Panama Canal

If you read the Captain's Club rules you will get 3 points max not 4. They will be used to upgrade you to the next level of Captain's club. Say you have sailed 3 times with an inside stateroom (3 points) and now you stay in a suite 12+ days worth 3 points you are now Select level(total of 6 points) the next time you sail on Celebrity.

Ray

91 days at sea w/4 lines in 6 years. Celebrity is the best for us!

Future Bookings -

-MERCURY 5/17/04 Alaska 12day

-Constellation 9/7/04 Transatlantic Westbound

-Infinity 1/31/05 South America-Rio Carnival

Good for you Steve...relax and enjoy the butler. It has been my experience that the more you enjoy what your butler can offer the happier the butler is. At least Carl was!!

Hope you have a great vacation!!

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

Hockeydad--

That is a good question...I honestly don't know. We had a couple to our suite one night and we asked the butler for extra canapes (enough for 4) and champagne. We were charged for the champagne, but not the canapes which are served anyway to your room around 4:30-5 ish. The only thing I could think of them charging extra for is caviar, since you have to pay extra for that in the champagne bar. Just ask your butler as soon as you know when you will be having your cocktail party and he will let you know.

I think I read somewhere your butler can arrange excursions for you and put you on a priority list, but not sure. I know he can arrange alternative dining.

We threw a big bash in a PH once (25-30 people). Big bar bill but no charge for the Canapes which there were a lot of. Two trays of hot, two cold (leftovers went into the fridge in the butlers pantry). Your butler will help plan everything.

George & MaryBeth

Congratulations Steve! Nice brother. (Remind me to call my 2 brothers and talk about what they haven't been doing for me!!)

Enjoy the Sky Suites - I'm sure it will add to your Alaskan experience.

Happy sailing.

Joanie

Congratulations Steve and family! icon_smile.gif

It's wonderful when nice things happen to (and because of) nice people.

Enjoy your cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;24;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Until our Millenium Month (10/24 & 11/07)<BR

Constellation-Transatlantic-Eastbound-26/04/03;

Norwegian Star-Hawaii & Fanning Island-11/24/02;

Bolero-Transatlantic W to E-04/99;

Triton-Greek Isles & Turkey-07/97;

Triton-Transatlantic W to E-03/94;

Atlas-Transatlantic W to E-04/87;

Lord Selkirk II-Lake Winnipeg-06/75 (Honeymoon)

Wow, Kathleen's description of the Butler service was amazing!

Just a note, the recommendations for tipping the butler are also given as $3.50 per person, per day, so on a longer cruise, you may want to use the calculator below to help do the math. If you have a butler, just be sure to select the "Celebrity Suite" button, so it adds in that line!

Theron

click to e-mail me

Explorer of the Seas 9/27/03 Western

Celebrity Century 9/28/02 Eastern (Thanks to Lili)

Cruise Tip Calculator - Calculate the amount and type of bills you need to stuff your tipping envelopes:

http://members.aol.com/CruiseTip/

With the way your luck is going, the Bruins may just sign Malik Hairston too.........

The trouble with getting you used to the regular rooms won't be with you so much......but your wife and daughters may want to keep up their new traditions icon_cool.gif

Unitl we leave on Celebrity Summit- Feels like the first time......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;07;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Thanks for the info have booked a sky suite for Jan 2005 so all info would be greatly appreciated

Grandy<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kathleen P.:

Hey Steve!

Finially something I can help you withicon_smile.gif

First of all, NICE! Secondly, you will be so spoiled you will never cruise in a non suite stateroom again.

Upon arrival your butler will introduce himself. He will do anything you ask for example - bring martinis just the way you like them, when ever you wish. If you are cruising with your brother, you may want to arrange a cocktail party with your butler in your suite. He will bring drinks of your choice and canapes of your choice if you would like caviar, shrimp...whatever or will serve extra of what the evenings selection is. If there is a port tender, he will give you tender priority tickets (no getting a number and waiting in line). He will shine shoes, will personally take care of your clothing for pressing or cleaning. If you would like dinner in your suite..he is the guy. You will be served course by course, like you would in the dining room, not like room service where everything is dumped in your room. He will serve breakfast every morning on your balcony or your inside table. Your stateroom had a breakfast menu which you fill out every night and hang on your door. fill in what you like, even if it is not on the menu, and as much as you like. He will call your room 5 min before delivery, then will set the table with linens and china and set out your food. He will serve you afternoon tea, which is coffee, tea, assorted tea sandwiches and cookies. Later he will then serve you evening canapes and if you want cocktails. every evening your fresh fruit bowl is replaced too. If you have any questions, he is there to get them for you, he will also confirm your dinner seating upon arrival, if you have a special celebration, tell him he will arrange whatever you like, including in the dining room. He will also make dinner arrangements for you in alternative dining. I'm sure there are many more things - just think of it as having a personal assistant while on vacation. Being in a suite is great too, as you get priority embarkation and debarkation. We were on the ship so fast, I think in the first 10, and we were off so fast. We were in the first group to debark at 8:15 am..at 8:45 we were in our rental car heading to Orlando! Also being in a suite you get a lot of priviledges, go to http://www.celebrity.com and read "suite indulgences" with 24 hour butler serviceicon_smile.gif There is not internet access in the SS, access starts in the CS and up (I think). Yes you do get personalized stationary with your name and suite # on it along with cards with your name and stateroom #. They are in a white folder, and your butler will show them to you. You will also get some gifts everynight. I don't know if it's captains club or "suite gifts" but either way you will get them on your turn down. There is also a chilled bottle of champage waiting for you in your cabin when you first arrive.

You will be charged for any alcohol you order and caviar. And of corse, you tip accordingly at the end of the cruise. The suggested tip for the butler is $50 for the week...kinda low IMHO. there are some people that do not use him and others that use him for everything (dinner, drinks, parties etc..) If you use him a lot, tip him generously.

From my recent Captains Club you get 2 credits for a suite. What the points are and what they are used for I have no idea!

Expect to be so spoiled that you will never go back to a regular cabin again - you will absolutely love iticon_smile.gif

Hope this helps!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>GrandySm@aol.com

Yes, that's the problem with suites and cruises longer than 7 days....you don't want to go back. Also, you will get a gold Celebrity card. Enjoy your suite!!! Hug your brother!!! Bon voyage!!!!

Archived