back to airport from pier

gramsclp

We will be on NCL Star returning to Seattle July 9, does anyone wish to share a cab back to the airport? we have a 12:30 flight out of Seattle to Mpls. so probably would need to begin the disembarking close to docking time, as I have been told the lines get very long (not sure if this is true as have never cruised before). Would like to have breakfast first if we have the time. Just wondering if anyone is leaving around the same time and wishes to share a cab to the airport?

If you are able bodied, have no mobility limitations, and looking to save, you can also take the light rail for $2.50pp.

From the dock, turn right, go to the end of the block, cross the street. Look for the elevator. Take that up, walk up Lenora. Turn right walk toward Pike Market. Have a look around. :)

Turn left up Pine (and it is up)- can avoid the steep climb going up alternative blocks.

Continue on Pine a couple blocks, will see the MacDonalds on the right, 1/2 way down that block is the Westlake entrance for the light rail.

I know it sounds "foolish" to consider, but I do it all the time and have no problem with it. May be of interest for some. :)

BQ - I was wondering about the light rail option also but we would like to take it from the airport to the pier. Is the last stop close enough to walk to the cruise terminal, pier 91? Or do I need to get off on the last stop (not sure what it is) and get a taxi for the rest of the way?

Thanks

World Gallery, (wonderful name by the way!) It is an easy walk if you don't have all the luggage in the world with you.

PutterDude (not sure if that D is capitalized). has posted easy directions to do so. His posts about Vancouver are very much worth reading and printing out.

The light rail was designed for this. Plenty of room for luggage and very easy signage. The way out of the airport is very clearly marked.

Not only will this save you money, it will save you time, waits and traffic delays.

I prefer to be as independent as possible. I have a feeling that you are of the same mind.

Just noticed that you are from New Orleans. There are steep hills in Vancouver, but the weather is moderate. You will enjoy being there. You will also enjoy the weather in Alaska.

BQ - I was wondering about the light rail option also but we would like to take it from the airport to the pier. Is the last stop close enough to walk to the cruise terminal, pier 91? Or do I need to get off on the last stop (not sure what it is) and get a taxi for the rest of the way?

Thanks

Nope the light rail doesn't go anywhere near pier 91. You would have to get a taxi, and there may be a city bus???

http://soundtransit.org/

My above information is for NCL and using pier 66- Bell St.

Pennyagain - Since we are leaving our 5 children home, the luggage load we have will seem like nothing to us! The lightrail sounds like a good option for us. One of the reasons we booked this last minute cruise to AK is because of extreme heat we are having in New Orleans. I have lived here my whole life and I have never been able to get use to this summer heat! I can't even imagine how it will feel to be in cool weather in the middle of July.

Thanks BQ - We will take the lightrail to the last stop then a taxi. I found an online taxi calculator and the fare from the last stop to pier 91 is about $20 so $20 plus the $2.75 each is still less than a shuttle. http://www.worldtaximeter.com

WorldGallery, I had an idea you are flying in and out of Vancourver, but it appears you are choosing Seattle.

Sorry about my mistake.

You will cool off on your cruise and you will enjoy the fresh air.

I promise!

Archived