Sunset / Sunrise

jlm41

I am going on my first cruise on Destiny July 7th. I want to take some pictures of sunset / sunrise

1. What time is the sunrise ?

2. My dinner time is 6:00PM. What time is sunset? Am I going to miss sunset if I go for dinner in MDR at 6:00? Can I request a late dinner one night and catch sunset?

I am going on my first cruise on Destiny July 7th. I want to take some pictures of sunset / sunrise

1. What time is the sunrise ?

2. My dinner time is 6:00PM. What time is sunset? Am I going to miss sunset if I go for dinner in MDR at 6:00? Can I request a late dinner one night and catch sunset?

The times vary depending where you are sailing but I do remember they are very early in the AM and before 8PM.

No - you cannot request a late seating if you have an assigned seating. You can go to the Lido for dinner one evening - in fact that is the area or above that you will want to take pictures from. Also, depending on the direction, the secret deck is another good place to go - at least that is what I found.

You can just get up from the table and go take your pictures. Tell the waiter you'll be back in a few minutes.

Depending on which dining room you're in and the angle of the ship and sun, you may be able to walk to the window and take your pictures. Just remember to turn off the flash so you don't get reflections and watch that the camera doesn't auto-focus on dirt on the window..

Interesting- the above calender shows that key west the sun sets at 8:20pm

You should be done in plenty of time for that.

But in Cozumel the sunsets at 7:32pm. ( you might have to rush through dinner for that one)

You can go to the Lido for dinner one evening - in fact that is the area or above that you will want to take pictures from. Also, depending on the direction, the secret deck is another good place to go - at least that is what I found.

They did not even have dinner on Lido last Oct on Victory. Some passengers were very upset as some of them had not planned on having to eat in the MDR.

They did not even have dinner on Lido last Oct on Victory. Some passengers were very upset as some of them had not planned on having to eat in the MDR.

?? Really? Never once have I seen them not have dinner buffet available on the Lido:confused:

every night? dinner on the lido starts at 6pm and ends by 10:00pm

Archived