Poll...How many pounds do you pack on during a cruise?

gregg204

How many lbs do you gain during a cruise?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. How many lbs do you gain during a cruise?

• Lose a few (don't eat much and love to exercise) Not a vacation in my eyes
    • Stay the same (eat normally with a little exercise)
    • A few lbs ( eat a little more than I would do at home)
    • 4 - 7 lbs (Love to eat, and exercise on cruise? no way)
    • 8 plus (What, is there something else to do besides eat on a cruise?)

On my 1st cruise was kinda caught off gaurd. I put on about 7 lbs so the clothes was a little tighter going off the cruise than they were coming on. Since I like to eat I now try and lose about 10 lbs before a cruise to make room.

I break even because I force myself to do the stairs ALL OF THE TIME! Last cruise I never once used an elevator. It was easy to do because it was a solo cruise. I told my sister that on our upcoming cruise we can't take the elevator but I don't think she will be too happy when she finds out how many flights from our room on the lowest deck up to the pool deck! :o

I break even because I force myself to do the stairs ALL OF THE TIME! Last cruise I never once used an elevator. It was easy to do because it was a solo cruise. I told my sister that on our upcoming cruise we can't take the elevator but I don't think she will be too happy when she finds out how many flights from our room on the lowest deck up to the pool deck! :o

Yep, the stairs are pretty much the extent of the exercise I get on a cruise. We try and take them as much as possible too.

No idea how I did it but actually lost 4lbs earlier this month. Plenty of MDR, Steakhouse, and room service late night meals, not to mention foo foo drinks, and (many) bottles of red wine.

If this keeps up, I may need to cruise more often.

B

No idea how I did it but actually lost 4lbs earlier this month. Plenty of MDR, Steakhouse, and room service late night meals, not to mention foo foo drinks, and (many) bottles of red wine.

If this keeps up, I may need to cruise more often.

B

I'm the same way. I eat like an animal, and drink like a fish. I'm talking 3am pizza and room service, dessert every night, ice cream all day. And I ended up loosing a few pounds on my last cruise. I do eat a ton of fruit and veggies mixed in with all the BAD food. I think that and the fact that I always seem to be on the go while cruising keeps my weight regulated.

i usually lose a couple and do not exercise and eat whatever i want... heck i don't even exercise at home much lol ... but we're always taking the stairs and walking a ton so that helps :)

i usually lose a couple and do not exercise and eat whatever i want... heck i don't even exercise at home much lol ... but we're always taking the stairs and walking a ton so that helps :)

Yup, my reasoning wasn't in the poll. I don't gain any weight but it's not cause i eat normally and exercise on the cruise.

I DO eat more than at home but with the added walking from end to end of the ship and back again, multiple times a day, all that walking on excursions and shopping in port, it MORE than makes up for the extra food!

I always lose 2-5lbs. I tend to eat a lot of salads and fruit on cruises because of the hot weather, and I'm more physically active (swimming, excursions, walking around the ship, etc) than I am at home.

I don't try to lose weight and I eat and drink what I feel like, when I feel like it. I just naturally lose a few pounds!

However, on my last cruise with my family, my brother, mother, and sis-in-law all gained 12-15lbs. It came off quickly once they got home though :p

I have never ever lost weight on a cruise. It doesn't matter how much walking I do:( The most i've gained is 9lbs on a 7 day cruise,just sad! On the Victory I only gained about 2 pounds. My norm is around 4-5 pounds though.

If I don't gain at least 5 lbs. I didn't have a good time. I mean come on eating 5 complete meals a day plus grazing between, the drinks, & just being lazy up on the deck, there's no way I'm not coming back home the same size.

Actually lost about 6 pounds. Had traditional dining and had choosen low fat prepping. With the excursions and taking the stairs a lot, probably walked more then usual.

Think what also helped was regular eating and the delicious fresh fruit breakfasts.

But probably what helped the most, NO potato crisps or other such snacks in the evening when reading, because was too busy being entertained.:p

Last cruise I actually ended up losing 8 pounds! I was shocked. It was mainly because at home I usually a little more stationary and on the cruise I was walking a lot more, dancing every night and eating more fruit than sweets. Now if I could only stick with that at home:rolleyes:

I gained about 11 pounds on our 9 day Alaska cruise. Of course my wife was pregnant with my son at the time so I fell into the sympathy weight gain. Plus she wasnt feeling well the whole time so I ate all my food plus hers.:o Couldnt let it go to waste ya know??:eek::D

Archived